Enhancement question

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've got a Dual turbolaser with a +Fast and a laser collimator installed. Are the enhancements cumulative? Only the +Fast show up on the screen.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, I asked about this before. The +75% shows up in the ship configuration screen, and it is on the weapon. It (the +75%) just doesn't show up on the main screen.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It doesn't show up on the configuration screen, though...just a '+fast' label. Also, the collimator seems to be +100% in this version. Kinda nice, I suppose.
> = = = = ۞
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

However, you can't seem to use a Weapon Enhancement ROM on a weapon that has been enhanced. You can't use a hexagen booster and the enhancement ROM on an Akan for example and benefit from both.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

@Cardinal
That's right, multiple enhancements don't work. You have to cancel a current enhancement to put another kind onto it. The laser collimator and cannon accelerator are devices though.

@Fossaman
Well, I haven't checked w/ the collimator and a laser; but I do know that the +75% for the cannon accelerator on a kinetic weapon shows up in parenthesis beside the damage.
"War is hell."
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ah, thank you, dvlenk. It's there, all right.

Now, to take over the galaxy!
> = = = = ۞
Cardinal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Can the laser collimator or cannon accelerator stack with damage enhancing bonuses, if so, how does it work?

If you used a 150% x-ray laser combined with a collimator, will you do 250% damage, 300% damage or some other figure entirely?

I used the x-ray laser (in this case, enhanced with the enhancement ROM and combined with the collimator) for the first time in my last game, fine mid-game weapon that complimented my omni-akan nicely, cooking any enemy slow enough to sit in front of my freighter.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Cardinal wrote:Can the laser collimator or cannon accelerator stack with damage enhancing bonuses, if so, how does it work?
Yes.
Each appropriate enhancer adds additional 10% damage bonus on top of the collimator/accelerator bonus.
"War is hell."
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Exactly. So what I normally do with the (Turbo)laser + collimator, is enhance the laser with +Fast...Makes it a nice early to mid-game weapon. I'll use a damaged weapon ROM to remove that +10% in order to use the +Fast if it can be found.

Do keep in mind, however, that the best benefits with collimators and laser enhance ROM's in combo are with Turbolasers and the killer X-Ray. While I'll use the collimator the first chance I get with a laser, I'll save any laser enhancements I find for bigger, better lasers.
Dorne
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Speaking of +Fast, since it increases fire rate, does it also increase power consumption? I have an AK15 (better than heavy recoil) with +fast configuration at the moment.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I can't provide statistics; but it seems to me that each time you fire takes some energy. So higher rate of fire means more enegry used; when you are actually firing the weapon. At least it seems that way to me.
If you aren't firing, there is no difference in the 'stand by' power consumption.
"War is hell."