Help in new stuff

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
silash619
Anarchist
Anarchist

Can anyone suggest some good stuff to be upgrade?
Current Equipment:
-Omni-Turbolaser +100%,+Fast
-Yoroi S100 shield gen
-Nova 100 reactor
-Tritium Upgrade
-ICX turret
-Solar Panel
-Patcher Arm
-Laser Collimator
-Patch Spider x2
- x4 Heavy Blast Plate +ablative

Btw, I have 500k+ creds.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I would suggest getting a better shield first and foremost, a new weapon and possibly a launcher. Try installing a Hyperion (1GW) reactor, which is the biggest one there is. It'll power most of the stuff you'll find in-game.
I suggest getting a Yoroi MX, though once you get a better reactor I tend to go for either the Ion Reflector or the Taikon 200.
There is a wide variety of better weaponry you can get, though getting a Kiloton cannon would help with base cracking. I'm not too knowledgeable with launchers, so I'll let someone with more experience in that area advise you there.
silash619
Anarchist
Anarchist

thanks for the suggestions!
Oh, and i'm only a few systems past st. k's, where can i get a 1GW?
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

well, ignore Yugi.

You need to find a station that will install larger reactors. (Not gonna spoil it, but you need to have some shady dealings to get into those stations) I think a 150NX is avaliable most places, but keep your eyes open for a 250, it's most you'll need. I've completed the game with it.

for shields, an S500 should see you through for a while until you get military gear.
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Your weapon isn't bad for being just past St. K's and you'll probably not have much trouble for a few more systems. You should consider picking up an Omni Particle weapon as a replacement- they're hard to find but you can order them from Trading Posts. Your shield needs some serious upgrading. I suggest at least a S500, but after a small reactor upgrade you should be able to run an MX with little trouble. If you see any armor that's better than your blast plates, I'd jump on it. Blast plates are really heavy and aren't that great. Ion reflector shields, as Yugi suggested, are great, but you won't be able to find one for a while yet.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

as for armour, I'd recommend v300 as soon as you have the power to run it (make sure you're not gonna be refueling every 30 seconds
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You need a base cracker soon. Something w/ blast damage, or thermo. MAGs are good; but you have to carry ammo. Launchers are similar.
If you have the 2 patch spiders, don't really need the patcher arm anymore, so that could free a slot for you. Also, once you get out of laser/kinetic weapons, you don't need the collimator or cannon accelerator either.
Shields are vital; but you need the reactor upgrades to handle them (and the heavier weapons too).
Keep an eye open for the Titan400 engine upgrade. Running away to fight another day can save you a lot of times; you can close on the enemies faster and run down the ones that try to flee until their shields regenerate. The Titan uses a good bit of power too.
So your most needed thing right now is a bigger reactor. You can finish the game w/ a 250MW; but it's hard. I've never done it w/ less than that.
If you can't get military grade shields, get the Nephren. It is particle and ion resistant. Your soon going to be running into those damage types and they will rip you apart w/ an s100 in no time.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
silash619
Anarchist
Anarchist

I tried the following stuff:
-Nephren p25 shield gen, +efficient (originally 30mw, now 24mw)
-SN2500 reactor, +enhanced (now gives 300mw, from250)
-a titan440 drive

And i found/replaced the armor with some sort of Dwarg armor x4, 200hp.

I also have a couple of shields that i found:
-yoroi mx
-ion reflector
-Mammoth 25mw
-yoroi 500

As for weapons, i have a lot of them +ammo, so i have some choices for a second weapon:
-akan 30
-slam cannon
-heavy slam cannon
-rasiermessar smart cannon
-shuriken blaster
-dwarg xiphon
-nami launcher

Another thing i cant decide on is a secondary weapon. As I am using the freighter, i only have 2 slots for weapons. I switch between a TeV9 and a omni-particle, (+fast) as a secondary weapon.

If anyone has more ideas, please help.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

from that selection, I'd say keep the weapons, they're good. As for the shields, I'm not sure. I wouldn't recommend the mammoth 25mw, it's regen is too slow fro my tastes.
Sponge
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

The Mammoth 25 is the equivalent to the Yoroi s100, I believe. The Yoroi 500 you've got is too weak as well. That leaves you with the MX and the Ion Reflector- both great shields. I'm not sure if your reactor can handle the Reflector quite yet, but you should be able to handle the MX with no problems.

Your current weapon choices are nice. That omni particle will do well with most things, and the TeV9 should fill in where the particle can't.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Dwarg Holochroal armor is great. Might be the best armor available. Easily could keep that for the whole game.

Any shield level 7 or above can use the crystals.
The MX shield is advanced enough to use crystals and has 160 HP. It won't last you through the whole game, but will do until you can find some more advanced ones. It only uses 50MW.
The Ion Reflector is better shield; but uses 130MW.
The Ion Reflector is basically the same as the MX; but reflects all ion damage (a popular damge type for enemy ships to have later on).

Neither of the weapons you have is a good base cracker. You need something with WMD damage for that. I like howitzers myself, cause they don't need ammo and are great base crackers. When I only have 2 weapon slots, one of the slots is going to be a howitzer.
MAGS and Missile Launchers are better base crackers; but need to carry ammo. You can fire launchers and a primary weapon simultaneously. :D
"War is hell."
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The ion reflector has been weakened by the addition of the new ships, notably the chasm, due to it's archcannon so stick with the MX till you find somthing better. look for an omi tev, then swap out the tev for a slam cannon
silash619
Anarchist
Anarchist

I think i'll switch to a mx (+20% hp!), since my reactor can't handle the ion reflector yet. As for the second weapon, i'll stick with my +fast, +100% omni turbolaser for a while, with the +fast, omniparticle as secondary. The omniturbolaser and omniparticle combo works nicely for me, the turbolaser bust the shields, while the omniparticle busts the armor.
I'll just switch out my turbolaser for some sort of base cracker next time.
As for armor, i just found out it is dward holochroal.

Oh, and if I choose a howitzer, what kind should i choose?
"Pain and Suffering is all what Man will ever Know"
-Hades, JLA
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The MarkI isn't powerful enough. Skip It. I'd rather have a Shtorm Repeater.
The Mark III can do alright.
The Dwarg Behemoth Cannon is thermo. It doesn't do as much damage as the Mark V but fires faster. It is still better than the Mark III
The Mark V is thermo damage. It can take down most any base pretty quick.
The FuisionFire is the best howitzer. It takes 100MW
Hecate's Cannon is the same as a FusionFire, but has a cooler name. 8) :lol:
"War is hell."
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You may still want to hold onto the Ion Reflector shield. It can be enhanced to reflect positron as well--which will counter the Chasm nicely. Also, it's kinda rare and hard to come by most of the time and eventually you should be able to get a larger reactor anyway.

As D6 stated, the Fusionfire Wowitzer is the best and shouldn't eat up too much fuel if your current reactor is at 300MW...considering you'll use the Fusionfire for base cracking and not as a primary weapon. Otherwise, the Mark V should do nicely.

No reason to keep both Tev9 and particle cannon as they're both particle damage and are practically useless against the Dwarg Masters. You should be coming into Ion weapons soon enough and you may need them.

IMHO, you'd be better off with the Nephren P25 shield enhanced +20 or better (+150 max) than using the +20 Yoroi MX...at least, when dealing with the Dwarg Masters and Sung anyway. The P25 holds up a little better there.
Also, if you do happen to run into those "shady dealings" as was previously mentioned, keep an eye out for the Invincible Class shield (90HP @ 30MW)... While it does have a serious Achilles' heel, enhanced +150 (220HP) it practically lives up to its name and it is possible to reach Heretic with one installed.
Rule of thumb with the Invincible Class: Retreat before deplete!