some question of a NewBie

Ask any question about playing and surviving in the Transcendence universe. Newbies welcome!
pew123
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hello everyone.
I brought this game on steam and now I have a lot of question.
1.I have many auton and a NAMI auton bay but how to use them? Even I install the auton bay on my ship , it still seems not to give me a extra option.
2.Where can I hire wingman? how many can I have? 3?5?10?100?
3.Where can I buy some large ship like commonwealth carrier or worldship? or it's just impossible to have one?
4.I have a lot of ROM in the cargo but how to use them?

I think there should be a guide book for these question.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Welcome aboard!

» 1: The [U] key will bring up the menu to access the auton bay.
» 2: Currently, there is no way to hire wingmen in the core game. You can get a few through certain events in the game, but that’s it.
» 3: There’s also no way in the core game to pilot a capital ship. However, there is a mod which addresses both this question and the previous one; look at PM’s “Playership Drones” mod; it should be in the “PM’s Mods” thread under Mod Announcements.
» 4: Same as with the auton bay, the [U] key will show the ROMs you have that you can use.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
pew123
Anarchist
Anarchist

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:08 am
 Welcome aboard!

» 1: The [U] key will bring up the menu to access the auton bay.
» 2: Currently, there is no way to hire wingmen in the core game. You can get a few through certain events in the game, but that’s it.
» 3: There’s also no way in the core game to pilot a capital ship. However, there is a mod which addresses both this question and the previous one; look at PM’s “Playership Drones” mod; it should be in the “PM’s Mods” thread under Mod Announcements.
» 4: Same as with the auton bay, the [U] key will show the ROMs you have that you can use.
Now I download a Mod called 'Playership Drones' and I unzip it into a new file 'Extensions' just in the game file but the mod collection doesn't show it at all. why?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mods collection only show mods that downloaded from Multiverse site. Mods that you downloaded doesn't show there, instead should appear in the Adventure Selection (See the checkbox list).
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (190.36 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
If it doesn't appear, make sure you place it in "Extensions" folder.
Unt1itled.jpg
Unt1itled.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
pew123
Anarchist
Anarchist

DigaRW wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:05 pm
Mods collection only show mods that downloaded from Multiverse site. Mods that you downloaded doesn't show there, instead should appear in the Adventure Selection (See the checkbox list).Untitled.jpg

If it doesn't appear, make sure you place it in "Extensions" folder.Unt1itled.jpg
Thanks a lot.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A quick note about playing Playership Drones: It does not add any new starter ships or more ships to the ship broker. You can buy ships from the ship broker as wingmen instead of trading your ship in. Also, you can repair most wrecks for a hefty fee. For exotic ships you cannot pilot in an unmodded game, you need to kill one then repair the wreck left behind (if it does), which can be very expensive.

Spending money to repair ships is very abstract and not terribly realistic, but it was done that way to make things playable among multiple adventures.

Aside, older releases of Playership Drones had the player deposit parts (items) into the wreck before the ship could be rebuilt, but that was abandoned for easy repairs for money once I saw too many built-in parts for ships in Vault of the Galaxy, especially for bioships and galactic creatures. I took some heavy liberties for resurrecting galactic creatures as ships.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.