So, Maybe " been done" but i had thoughts:

General discussion for the game Anacreon
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

As I am trying to learn this game, I have come to the conclusion it is missing a few marbles:
Being as it is totally Manual : the player should, i think be able to set the amount of defenses a station or planet can gain : the amount of infantry raised, if any.....the type of ships to make.
I mean if your going to be a dictator, might as well just go all in and have that kind of control.

What I see as the advantage of these controls is :
No build up of forces on a station that you can not harvest before they drain the resources : you could simply not recruit from that station if you have another station supplying a good deal of forces for your needs.....

transports should be recognized by stations waiting for supplies, I had 5 transports going to a station just a few minutes ago and the station turned......so they were not only hungry, they were hostile to the ships on the way. I did notice a few ships vanish and others say they are heading in the other direction, but still : why turn red when the reason your rebelling is on the way as promised?.

And transports fuel : you refuel them they run out, you give them fuel to carry, they run out anyway because they won't refuel themselves even if the fuel is meant for THEM....I do that, i give them fuel to carry while they move materials : but they still will stop in the middle of nowhere while stations are dying because they are not smart enough to refuel at port or from the cargo. Annoying.
In transcendence so long as a ship has fuel it goes, so long as it has ammo it shoots.......just gets me sideways when I see a complex turn red and find the transports that were supposed to be there four years ago sitting in space waiting to be told to refuel from the stuff i gave them to work with......

Infantry movements to and from stations : like any other supply order, you should be able to move them off with transports on a regular supply chain. The Homeworld puts out a good deal of forces, those forces would be useful for a new station but you can not order them on the boats, you have to sit there and tinker cargo for troop transports......and thats a good thing : adding troop transports separate from the transports so you could order the troops like cargo.

Industrial complexes: have yet to produce food.....they can fuel my fleet and planets but they can not seem to feed themselves....
I do not understand that part, if they can generate fuel from " nothing " they should be able to replicate supplies at least for themselves.
And what is with the Billions of populations?
I can do a 90 billion planet like it was candy but we know on earth that it really is not so candy......I actually let a few million or so die here and there just so i don't feel bad about the planets that are doing good......

While i understand the current idea is a multi-player and here I am talking from the backseat of a single-player universe....I think at least for a single player I feel there COULD be more in the game for manual controls, I can NOT make heads or tails of the files, I do not think i could try ideas and see how they go : the " language " is out of my reach, staying current on anything in those areas, learning and practicing would be a full time job for me.

But so far i like this game, not that complicated , just very detailed and manual to no end.....
I HAVE to start another game now, i been playing this one system for a week. ( and I am talking hours everyday , thats how detailed this thing is : I know i can do 16 hours in Transcendence, but this game is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. )
But i learned some new things and now i have to start over with that knowledge and try it again.....BTW, I am currently 8K short on fighters to take the rogue HomeWorld......so i count the game " done " enough that starting a new one to try what i learned is no loss.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was trying to determine the nature of some planets : such as a J and L .........
having something of description / meaning in the manual...maybe useful ?
I get the M as being fine for most applications, Paradise planets are interesting but I only had one that explicitly had Ambrosia : and Thinking the Homeworld needed it for production of elite Infantry I sent a huge fleet to take the spoils of war home........and started a supply system ......

I ended up with a very Mellow planet that liked to make ships. Obviously somebody in the government was dealing it to the population and they got addicted. withdrawal is almost as bad as total rebellion. However, if the supply is good enough you can keep thousands of Infantry on the location without the population noticing.

In that experiment of learning I used the Ambrosia to Mellow out planets and the Industrial Complexes by Addiction.....sort of cheating.

In the more recent experiences with Paradise, no drugs, they take well to agriculture but once they have a nice stockpile of supplies I let them build ships ( being as the previous experience with the homeworld ) they are building a large amount of ships, not very good at mining trillium, and still no Ambrosia to be seen.

Or am I confusing the question ?
IS there an Ambrosia planet AND a Paradise : or are they both a Paradise just Ambrosia comes in a random generation of the planet?

Vachtra
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I must say that I've never had a problem with the ships not using the fuel they're carrying. Yes they run out of the fuel in the tanks but they just pull it from storage and continue on.
You might want to check the distance movable when you make the fleet to be sure it can go where you want it. A large fleet can take a lot of fuel.
"Have you guys ever watched the show?" ~ Guy
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Vachtra wrote:I must say that I've never had a problem with the ships not using the fuel they're carrying. Yes they run out of the fuel in the tanks but they just pull it from storage and continue on.
You might want to check the distance movable when you make the fleet to be sure it can go where you want it. A large fleet can take a lot of fuel.
You are correct: i was JUST NOW noticing it ( that game is addicting for single player ) but I was checking the ships in transport and sure enough they are using the fuel :)

However, that is also an issue because I will often have dozens running + planets + fleets + hostiles = OMFG I got to hold everybody's hand!!!!!!!!!!!

but I enjoy it on the long winter nights :) but winter nights are over , Alaskan days are starting and I was thinking ;

if you build command bases, etc : could these be built to help manage the fleets of ships : like in Transcendence we have Fuel stations, shipping company ........

but I am sure George has thoughts for the future of this game : and I still think transcendence has me spoiled :)