Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
ConfuseRay
Anarchist
Anarchist

Defiance-class starfrigates defy all defenses. Their range seems to be somewhat above 20, so they fire with impunity on any defenses built.

I've tested this by sending little fleets of 5 Def-class frigs to many planets, some with over 12000 autocannon sats!

after a fight that lasts half a cycle, I whittle their forces to 0.

I have not tested this with battlestations or when other ships are present.

It does not seem to work with "superior" victory-class starfrigates.

Edit: I'm sure the trade route algorithms are extremely hard to pin down right now, but I've noticed a continuous shift of resource and industry from watch to watch.

As well, I've noticed that there's a lack in total imports even when the total imports equal 100%. That is to say, although my total demand satisfied is 100%, which in my example is, say, 1000 hex, the total imported is something like 990. Could this be rounding error? I've seen two or three times where 5% of the demand was being imported from one planet, and 5% was imported from another, but the amount differed by three or four despite equal percentages.
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Having more problems with autofactories not producing proper amounts of things.

Can I assume this is a negative overflow(underflow?)

1677721.5%, too bad I am not getting that many actual parts or I would need just one autofac for the entire empire.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

When a planet goes to independent while in the middle of a civil war, like when an empire abdicates, that planet stays in a state of civil war. If another empire conquers that planet, its status is always civil war even if no fighting is going on.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:When a planet goes to independent while in the middle of a civil war, like when an empire abdicates, that planet stays in a state of civil war. If another empire conquers that planet, its status is always civil war even if no fighting is going on.
This bug is particularly abundant because the FUS abdicated when pretty 98% of his empire was at a state of civil war. Pretty much all the planets are at "dormant civil war" now. Please fix this, the game is too easy with it.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

As previously noted, there is a bug where a world will suddenly increase its production, and try to import a massive amount of supplies at a time. For example a starship autofac trying to make 100000 reactors a watch, so its importing millions of trillium and hex a watch, which depletes local supplies and causes rebellion.

In my experience, it only happens to starship autofacs. Still trying to pin down the other parameters.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Bug with enemy defenses not responding to attacks. They stay on standby.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

starxplor wrote:Having more problems with autofactories not producing proper amounts of things.

Can I assume this is a negative overflow(underflow?)

1677721.5%, too bad I am not getting that many actual parts or I would need just one autofac for the entire empire.

How do u do the image from game screen to forum? I am a novice to most computer functions, unless it is one button push results. I have W 8.1 w/ Dell Inspiron 3721
NH620
Alex Heartnet
Anarchist
Anarchist

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:How do u do the image from game screen to forum? I am a novice to most computer functions, unless it is one button push results. I have W 8.1 w/ Dell Inspiron 3721
I assume you are running some version of windows?

Press 'print screen' on your keyboard. Open up microsoft paint or similar, click on the 'paste' button. Save it to anywhere.

Now use a online image hosting website thingie (I recommend Imgur) and upload it

Copy the image link, create a post, find the button above the textbox, and Image. Like this.

...I want to attack a planet with my defiance-class lolfrigates, but the game won't let me :( I push the attack button, and this pops up.
Alex Heartnet
Anarchist
Anarchist

After restarting, I captured my first planet and, well...let's just say I won't ever need a second hexacarbide foundry.

...How long has this particular game been running, anyway?
Alex Heartnet
Anarchist
Anarchist

Figures that I'd settle into the wonkiest part of the galaxy. Meet my neighbors. I'm surprised they don't set off on a conquest of their own.

Given that starships can indeed actually move, I sincerely doubt anyone would ever invade this planet even if they did have enough ships to do so.

NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Alex Heartnet wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:How do u do the image from game screen to forum? I am a novice to most computer functions, unless it is one button push results. I have W 8.1 w/ Dell Inspiron 3721
I assume you are running some version of windows?

Press 'print screen' on your keyboard. Open up microsoft paint or similar, click on the 'paste' button. Save it to anywhere.

Now use a online image hosting website thingie (I recommend Imgur) and upload it

Copy the image link, create a post, find the button above the textbox, and Image. Like this.

...I want to attack a planet with my defiance-class lolfrigates, but the game won't let me :( I push the attack button, and this pops up.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. :? You have to click on what you want to do (ex; Destroy c-3 ships & defenses) , Oh you don't have enough space forces to attack that world any way.
NH620
Alex Heartnet
Anarchist
Anarchist

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:<snip> Oh you don't have enough space forces to attack that world any way.
Combat in this game isn't that simple. Most planetary defenses have an attack range of 5-10. Starfrigates have an attack range of 20+. Planetary defenses cannot move. Starfrigates can. If a planet only has satellites protecting it and no ships, then a small group of starfrigates can safely chip away at any and all planet defenses.

Hypersonic missile sites are supposed to have the same range as starfrigates, but I've yet to see a missile site actually shoot at a starfrigate (and even if they did, starfrigates have missile defenses).

However, it becomes a completely different story if the defenders are using actual ships and not just static defenses. You can't attack the satellites without getting shot at by the ships, and going after the ships means getting within range of the satellites.

----------------------------------

When I actually attack a planet defended by both satellites and ships, I tend to find that my ships have terrible targeting priorities. They will often ignore, for example, the enemy gunships right next to them so they can get to the other end of the planet to finish off that last autocannon. I would assume this artificial stupidity would apply to the other side as well, although in practice it definitely gives the defender a big advantage.

The concept for combat is great, but it needs some work still.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The latest version is not working in Google Chrome version 32..0.1700.107. The empire comes up but only the trade routes are visible. No planets or interface.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:The latest version is not working in Google Chrome version 32..0.1700.107. The empire comes up but only the trade routes are visible. No planets or interface.
Not true. May be specific to your machine, as I run Ubuntu.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

WorldsStrongestNerd wrote:The latest version is not working in Google Chrome version 32..0.1700.107. The empire comes up but only the trade routes are visible. No planets or interface.
Try clearing your cache. Other people have had a similar symptom and clearing the cache fixes it. Let me know if that works for you.