Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Looks like there is corruption in the primary save file. Unfortunately, the corruption spread to the backup file too.

When I get back on Monday I'll need to reconstruct the save file manually.

Sorry about the problems.
MaxCPP
Anarchist
Anarchist

george moromisato wrote:Looks like there is corruption in the primary save file. Unfortunately, the corruption spread to the backup file too.

When I get back on Monday I'll need to reconstruct the save file manually.

Sorry about the problems.
Will the save file be restored or will you just make an new game?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

We're back!

The backups worked and I was able to restore, so the game is back on! Thanks for your patience.

In case you're curious. What I think happened is that we lost power at the server right in the middle of saving a game. This is supposed to be handled properly. For example, we don't switch over to the newly created save file until we confirm that it was written to disk. Unfortunately, due to a bug, the server *thought* that the file was saved properly, when in fact it had not yet been flushed by the operating system.

The result was that the server *thought* the save file was OK when in fact it had never been saved out (because the power went out).

I believe this will be relatively easy to fix, so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future. Thanks again for your patience!
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:We're back!

The backups worked and I was able to restore, so the game is back on! Thanks for your patience.

In case you're curious. What I think happened is that we lost power at the server right in the middle of saving a game. This is supposed to be handled properly. For example, we don't switch over to the newly created save file until we confirm that it was written to disk. Unfortunately, due to a bug, the server *thought* that the file was saved properly, when in fact it had not yet been flushed by the operating system.

The result was that the server *thought* the save file was OK when in fact it had never been saved out (because the power went out).

I believe this will be relatively easy to fix, so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future. Thanks again for your patience!
Hey, it's just a game ;)
Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

After attacking an enemy empire I took its capital. However, after being captured it retained the "capital" designation (not sector capital) and remains a different doctrine. It also does not allow planets to be controlled, unlike a normal capital.
Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sector capitals of the trade doctrine do not import trillum, even when it is needed by other worlds connected to it.
MaxCPP
Anarchist
Anarchist

Schrekse wrote:After attacking an enemy empire I took its capital. However, after being captured it retained the "capital" designation (not sector capital) and remains a different doctrine. It also does not allow planets to be controlled, unlike a normal capital.
I confim you're having an additional "capital". I've experienced this myself when i took Deletare's capital. This is very weird bug...
Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug, but it is possible to make starships travel around the central nebula by taking a detour far outside of the map.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Flaw: ships ignore enemy groups within range when target group is out of range:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... Q7Rr2pj2QA
Bug: buttons for goods classes in opposite direction of foundation link don't work (fixed by deleting link and redoing it):
Attachments
anacreon.png
anacreon.png (162.6 KiB) Viewed 7489 times
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I have the planet Norfold as a foundation trying to raise starship planets Spiriol and Sotrimus to Quantum. Nothing appears to be happening: there is no arrow indicating advancement.

I sometimes see planets fluctuate in tech for no apparent reason. One quantum ocean that I took rose to 10 after I conquered it. Another unowned one rose and fell back down.
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'm apparently able to designate a world inside a nebula as a starship yard. The ramjet yard/component autofac options are not available. The world is making ships, and I can deploy them, but they can't travel anywhere. There are a few more worlds nearby where I can do this as well.
Nebula Starship Yard.png
Nebula Starship Yard.png (107.42 KiB) Viewed 7476 times
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

CG planets commit suicide rather than restrict exports when demand is greater than production.
Adamants don't fire until much closer than the distance at which defenses start hitting them.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Eh I came back. This is a fun game if you like to micromanage and lay out devious long term plans.
Ok. There is an old bug whereby A jumpship autofac will try to produce something the jumpship yard doesn't need, like graviton launchers in my case. This bug causes the jumpship autofac to try to import millions of trillium at a time, which screws up the whole system. Right now im getting around that by never having consumer goods worlds and ship building worlds share a trillum world. Ship yards have thier own dedicated trilliium worlds. Does anybody know why that bug triggers and how to prevent it?
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Attacking, then retreating when ships are descending, then immediately attacking again allows invaders to cheat defense range.

Planets have civil war over lack of environmental supplies for no apparent reason. I'm getting this regularly.

Fleets sometimes automatically attack when stationed at enemy player planets.
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Planets have civil war over lack of environmental supplies for no apparent reason. I'm getting this regularly.
Life support supplies do seem to work strangely, but I have the suspicion that planets with only trace trillum deposits will not be able to produce enough for its own needs.
Fleets sometimes automatically attack when stationed at enemy player planets.
I believe this is an indication that the owner of the planet is attacking you, and your fleet is maneuvering to respond.