Bugs

General discussion for the game Anacreon
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

^ Losing a sector capital randomly takes some planets that are in control radius with it. So if one of those rebelled...
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've got a level 8 consumer goods autofac planet that apparently can't produce luxuries.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

Finnian, did you have a large empire? In large empires sector capitals can randomly leave your empire and take planets with them, although imperial guards on sector capitals are supposed to stop this.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:-\ If I remember well I had not any sector capital in rebellion, i'm sure of this, and in any case i had imperial guards everywhere
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

!Wait a moment.. Are you saying that Sector Capital can randomly leave at any time without rebellion? Istantly?? :-O..... and with happy status also? If this is true this can be a rational explanation of what happened to me, but i think that a thing like this is pure nonsense..And How many guards I have to place on the surface in order to prevent the disaster?? I'm pretty sure i had guards but I don't remember how many... :-O
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:-D In any case thanks for your explanation. But what a sadness... :-\
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I had a level 7 ocean planet with 11 million population set to produce consumer goods. Unfortunately it was connected to my trade network and decided to produce nothing but luxuries until about 2 million of the population died from starvation and the rest started a rebellion. This all happened over the course of about five minutes. I will note that at the beginning of this mess I had it set to not import any consumer goods in the hopes that it would resort to actually producing consumer goods instead of the trillum that it was also producing because it was ignoring the trillum from my trade network. I then got fed up with this crap and abdicated my empire after having conquered 22 planets over the first two days (This decision might have also been influenced by the fact that it was 3 am at the time). I believe this planet was Landia 022.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Schrekse
Anarchist
Anarchist

Finnian, the best way to get around the problem of parts of your empire randomly leaving are choosing the law and order doctrine, and having large amounts of imperial guards on every sector capital. Tens of thousands preferably.

Arkheias, different planet types and development levels are good at producing different things. In the case of consumer goods autofactories, it seems the only way for them to not starve themselves to death as they crave more luxuries is to bring them down to at least fusion tech level, if you can't, you might have to just have to resign yourself to most high level planets producing nothing but luxuries, and leave actual durable goods and organic food production to fusion and lower tech level planets, which will never produce luxuries, and also do not need them.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

wow ! :-O I Don't knew this! many many thanks for all the news and suggestions!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Does anyone want to take bets on how long it will take for this buggy trading hub to cause my empire to collapse?
ArkheiasPlanet038.jpg
ArkheiasPlanet038.jpg (219.95 KiB) Viewed 8127 times
Edit (15 minutes later): It has already spread to all but one of my trading hubs. All of my consumer goods autofacs that are capable of producing luxuries are now rebelling because none of them are producing luxuries. All of my other high tech level planets are fine because they are dedicating their entire industries to producing luxuries for themselves. My empire is effectively doomed.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
CaleyM
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I've had that happen twice on regular planets. So it's not only trade hubs.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Guys, I have to signal a strange thing. I have 2 Capitals! How is possible? Is it normal?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Finnian wrote:Guys, I have to signal a strange thing. I have 2 Capitals! How is possible? Is it normal?
One of your capitals is being confused for one of mine, it seems.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Maybe we can finally bring peace to our nations!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
rigelxvi
Anarchist
Anarchist

Scarran here! Xephyr can you still login and play in beta? However something similar happened to the dominion of evil sloths time ago
Just ask Leonardo DiCaprio: even the big ones go down.