Questions

General discussion for the game Anacreon
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

RPC wrote:In Anacreon, what do the percentages under structures mean?
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with efficiency.[EDIT: Finally figured it out, it is allocation of world industry]
RPC wrote:What are the requirements for trading? Why can't I make two tech level 4 planets trade with each other?
You can't (unless one came with a spaceport). They are necessary for trading.
RPC wrote:Do ships still need trillium to travel?
Yes, or say bye to that Megathere-class starcruiser that took forever to produce.
RPC wrote:What do air filters and radiation shields do?
Make the environment habitable enough so that citizens don't get angry about that.
RPC wrote:How does planet population increase? I've only been able to conquer population poor planets and their output is very small :(

You wait. Make it biotech or antimatter level for best results (unless it's desert planet, then spacefaring yields best results)
Cimanyd wrote:How can I improve the tech level of my empire (increase it from 7 to 8 or 9)?
Increase the tech level of all the worlds adequately. To increase the capital, build the "(tech level) program". To increase most other worlds, do the same(you can only get to biotech that way!), or import from a foundation world.
RPC wrote:How fast does efficiency go to 100%?
Like, 2 months,real-time.
RPC wrote:What are the different time scales? (watch, cycle, etc...)
1 watch = 1 minute real-time
1 period = 1 hour real-time = 60 watches
1 cycle = 1 day realtime = 24 periods = 1440 watches
Last edited by whaleduck on Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

And what about the social order on the planets ? How to deal with the civil war or other social issues ? :(
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Datal wrote:How to deal with the civil war or other social issues ?
To deal with civil war, give the world what it wants and put LOTS of infantry on the planet. Usually 10x rebel forces works for me. And then wait a cycle.
To get the world from 'aggrieved' to happy, likewise give it what it wants, but wait 2 watches or so. If your social order is 'rioting' or 'rebelling', plant lots of infantry, and wait. Be prepared for civil war. Also, 'content' doesn't mean your world is angry. 'Content' means you just got out of a bad social order, usually it will go to happy.
EDIT: Content can also mean you just conquered a world and the citizens of that world don't know how to feel about the empire.
Last edited by whaleduck on Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

To expand on SungSlaver's answer:

Once a civil war starts, you need to solve the original problem (usually a lack of key resources like food). Look at the rating for "popular support" in the news tab (which only shows up when you have a civil war).

Popular support must be at least neutral. If it supports the rebels then you cannot win the war (because the rebels will always get more recruits). Even if popular support is for the empire, you need to keep sufficient military force (and watch the force, because the rebels will attack it and inflict casualties).

Once you've fixed the original problem, popular support will drift, slowly towards the empire. You just need to hang on until then.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Cimanyd wrote:How can I attack a world with HEL cannons (most tech 4 and up)? What should I use?
Anything with lots of firepower and very strong armor. Or a HUGE fleet of jumpships. As long as your fleet has more space and ground forces than the planet you should be fine.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

What are all the possible "popular support" during a civil war?

What exactly is hexacarbide? Some steel alloy containing hexacarbon?
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

SungSlaver231 wrote:What are all the possible "popular support" during a civil war?
I've seen:
unquestioning rebel support
very strong rebel support
strong rebel support
rebel support
neutral
imperial support
strong imperial support
very strong imperial support

I assume 'unquestioning imperial support' exists too, but I haven't seen it yet. I may have missed a couple of levels in there as well ('weak rebel support' maybe?).
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hussell wrote:imperial support
strong imperial support
very strong imperial support
:mrgreen: so there can be this band of 200 people on a planet saying "We do not have enough consumer goods!" and a civil war starts and everyone is against them.

Anyway, when imperial support is strong, can rebel forces defect into imperial forces?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

SungSlaver231 wrote: :mrgreen: so there can be this band of 200 people on a planet saying "We do not have enough consumer goods!" and a civil war starts and everyone is against them.

Anyway, when imperial support is strong, can rebel forces defect into imperial forces?
A revolution always starts with at least "rebel support" (and usually "unquestioning rebel support"). For example, if a planet runs out of food for a bit and millions die, the rebels gain support and a civil war starts. If popular support were against the rebellion then a civil war would never start.

Once the civil war has started, popular support will change: if the food problem is fixed, then it will tend towards the empire. Otherwise, it might continue to support the rebels.

More rebels join the war as long as there is rebel support. The minute popular support turn neutral, the rebels stop getting recruits and the chance of the war ending increasing (though you still need to have imperial troops).

Currently, imperial forces do not get defections, but it sounds like a good idea.

Under the covers it works like this:

There is a single value per planet that tracks the people's attitude towards the empire. This value is called the "revolution index".

Normally, the revolution index maps as follows:

< 20 = "happy"
20-39 = "content"
40-59 = "dissatisfied"
60-79 = "aggrieved"
80-99 = "rioting"
>= 100 = "rebelling"

As you can imagine, bad events (like starvation) increase revolution index. If nothing bad happens, the revolution index slowly creeps back down to 0.

Whenever revolution index is above 100, there is a chance that a civil war will start. At 200, the chance of a civil war is 100%.

Once in civil war, there are two military forces: the rebels and the imperial troops. Both attrit each other according to their numbers, though the rebels often have an advantage.

Regardless of the civil war, the revolution index continues to change. In particular, once the initial cause of dissatisfaction is removed (e.g., once people stop dying from starvation) then the revolution index will slowly decrease. [Sometimes events in the civil war such as rebel success or rebel atrocities will affect revolution index.]

During a civil war, the revolution index maps as follows:

< 20: very strong imperial support
20-39: strong imperial support
40-59: imperial support
60-79: partial imperial support
80-99: neutral
100-119: rebel support
120-139: strong rebel support
140-159: very strong rebel support
>= 160: unquestioning rebel support

As long as the rebels have support, they will continue to get recruits.

The rebels cannot win unless they militarily defeat the empire (usually by achieving military parity or superiority).
The empire cannot win unless rebel support is at least neutral AND they militarily defeat the rebels.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:< 20: very strong imperial support
20-39: strong imperial support
40-59: imperial support
60-79: partial imperial support
80-99: neutral
100-119: rebel support
120-139: strong rebel support
140-159: very strong rebel support
>= 160: unquestioning rebel support
So that answers Hussel's question.
Hussell wrote:I assume 'unquestioning imperial support' exists too, but I haven't seen it yet.
Wrong. If it was unquestioning imperial support there would be no civil war, and if that did happen (to some extent), the rebellion would near-instantly dissipate.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

SungSlaver231 wrote:Wrong. If it was unquestioning imperial support there would be no civil war, and if that did happen (to some extent), the rebellion would near-instantly dissipate.
Perhaps. At the time that I did it, I thought the asymmetry would be OK: people love an underdog. Maybe I was wrong and symmetric labels would be better.
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

george moromisato wrote:At the time that I did it, I thought the asymmetry would be OK: people love an underdog. Maybe I was wrong and symmetric labels would be better.
Nah, I don't think it matters. I just guessed it might be symmetric.

I do, however, suggest adding an arrow indicating which way the level of support is moving (similar to when tech level is changing). Maybe that will help people figure out how to deal with civil wars.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

FourFire wrote:When A player's capital/homeworld is taken over by another player what happens?
Your first sector capital becomes capital. This is why all your sector capitals should be on underground, ocean or Earth-like worlds, as these are the most habitable ones.
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

How do you amass lots of jumpships (ie a standard fleet to District V)?
Hussell
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

SungSlaver231 wrote:How do you amass lots of jumpships (ie a standard fleet to District V)?
The unhelpful answer is: "Time. Lots of Time." Really, you just have to designate a lot of jumpship yards and jumpship component autofacs and supply them with everything they need for a long time. See also this post on how to increase your industrial capacity.

If you stick to biotech level yards your jumpship production won't require any chronimium. Producing high-tech jumpships requires something like two or three chronimium processors per jumpship yard if you want to keep them going at full blast.