THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:I am interested in joining, but could people identify their empires when they post? Finnian I recognize but I don't know which empires are catfighter's and AdmiralZo's. I'm Hallucination, three unconnected clusters that overlap and are divided by Bismalia's territories east of the big dark "river" in the north center of the map. Republic of Reason is my only neighbor to the east, and I also border pact member Riproviriano (who I fought a small war with a few days ago) to the South. My central core has chronic resource shortages and I can't quite balance its economy. There aren't a lot of unclaimed planets left in my part of the galaxy at the moment.

I had a midsize empire under a different name a few months ago but I let it collapse, it was in the galactic far west. Planets with really boring names (e.g. Northwest Hub C) are my enduring legacy to the galaxy.

I am a high-TL law & order power, military is concentrated into two gunship fleets separated by the left arm of the dark "T" in the galactic northeast. One of these gunship fleets has access to the upper eastern pocket and the other can act in the center east of the river. I have a smaller high-TL jumpfleet and can't realistically expect to project force into or west of the river.
You may be speaking of The Newbie Empire. I have 4 or 5 clusters near Rep. Reason, Bismalia, Finnian, Nor and Dogeland.
NH620
Stargazer
Anarchist
Anarchist

A traitor in the barricades pact? Yes, and I was not the only one. The 3 major powers each had an informant on the inside. Oh what fools to think that any true alliance could form in the dog eat dog world of galactic conquest. Be glad that dogeland made a move before I could crush you all.

Goodbye, you'll not see stargazer here again, at least not under this name...
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:mrgreen: what a fun!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
pirx
Miner
Miner

Ya, that went well.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

pirx wrote:Ya, that went well.
Does Stargazer was your spy in the Barricades?
Unexpected! Intriguing!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
pirx
Miner
Miner

Finnian wrote: Does Stargazer was your spy in the Barricades?
Unexpected! Intriguing!
Yes I am surprised by that as well. Could have mentioned that to me before making it public. Or even better give me a warning about the time of attack.

Is the same person as the human empire most likely, anyway. The human empire did in a sense warn me of something going, because the 8 Mio Gunships at my border were kind of unusual.

I did not elaborate on that before because I was called paranoid. But I suspect that the original attack on me was done by also the same person, different account, empire called Commonwealth. The attack had no chance to achieve anything except to decrease my productivity, by taking my farm planets. Stargazer wrote in the post at the beginning of this thread about attacking farm planets in order to starve an empire.

Of course I could be paranoid and that was just a an act of vandalism, but it looks very suspicious. Too bad Stargazer is such an manipulating traitor, the human empire did fight very well.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

wow.. A story that came from far! Does Stargazer convinced you to declare war to us??
And why now Human abdicated?

What can we say now about this war?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
pirx
Miner
Miner

No I did attack Riproviamo on my own.

First I attacked the planet that the Commonwealth took and then became neutral when I destroyed the Commonwealth. Riproviamo took it probably when it was neutral. But I considered it to be mine, since it was for 100 cycles or so.

And when another empire takes one of my planets I retaliate on general principle. Do some damage so that I am respected in the future. So I conquered the Riproviamo capital.

That Riproviamo was a part of the barricade pact made that just more interesting. I was angry and tired of being concerned about my empire, so I was looking for a fight. I considered attacking the Human Empire, but, well, I don't have the guts to start an all out war without any casus belli.

So on general principle I now still have to do some damage to Hallucination. Otherwise, I think I did enough damage.

I will stick around a bit to see what is going on, maybe try to reconquer my capital cluster. The cleanup that the Republic of Reason is doing is very much appreciated. (And I apologize for the jumpship fleet that defected, I used it mostly against the Human Empire, half of the defected xenotroops rebelled on planet Nebula gate).
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Heh, that was quiet the turnaround when my (Republic of Reason) jumpfleet arrived to save the day and squash your invasion force, only to rebel and join you. It took me from 5.3 million Eldritch to only 300,000. The 100,000 Exotroops was painful as well. All in all, it has been a pretty exciting First Galactic War.

I just wish we knew why the Human Imperium abdicated, and who was behind Spygazer.
pirx
Miner
Miner

Ah yes, the wreckage of a lot of those ships is on the bottom of the ocean on OO 5986 (actually probably few Megameter above that), together with that of a similar number of Human Empire jumpships. It is close to your new sector capital of New Valentia, just west of the northernmost planet of the contiguous part of Dogeland. We fought a pitched battle there and with your ships I had numerical superiority and won.

I guess the human empire fought to reduce the number of my jumpships so that the more static defenses of its capitals and hubs would suffice against my attacks behind the frontlines. That worked out quite well. I only managed to capture one afterwards, and that with heavy losses.

I am not sure why the Human Empire abdictated when Dogeland attacked, probably because it had not enough ships left for defense against a fresh enemy.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

WOW! I didn't knew.

Well what about some piece now?

Are you Lord Bismalia avaiable for discuss an issue like that?

Secondly (this is only my idea, we eventually call a vote) are you eventually interested in joining the Barricades?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Human Empire here. I decided to quit when dogeland attacked because rebuilding would be such a hassle. It is so much WORK to get the trade routes just right for max efficiency. I knew that I could probably recover from dogelands attack, but I just did not want to put in the effort. Rather than let others pick apart my empire, I abdicated. Have fun with the empty space, I wonder who will come out on top.

I was not behind the commonwealth attack on bismalla. It seems like a minor incident really did shatter the balance of power and plunge the galaxy into war. Me and then dogeland mobilized simply to maintain the balance and prevent the winner of the barracades - bismalla war from gaining too much power. It makes me think of world war one.

Im spending too much time on games, Ive got real life issues i need to work on. Have fun, and I'll be back one day.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I was also paranoid and did begin to suspect that something wasn't quite right. But a spy! How fascinating! When the war began, I briefly considered being a double traitor and trying to get into the confidence of Human, Bismalia, Dogeland and the Pact, then siding with whoever was winning. Perhaps somewhat unfortunately, my loyalty was to the side I first swore allegiance to. I have lost many a battle because of my honor.

If you do decide to join the Pact, Bismalia, you have my vote. You are truly a force to be reckoned with.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My dear fellows!, friends!, associates!,

first of all: more or less we have win the first galactic war

let me congratulate with all of you for the role (little or big) you played in this hystoric event

secondly, our member Lord Hallucination and Lord Charminium showed us that we can with our advice we can help to improve this wonderful game.

As the first guild of this game I think that we must have the ambition of be of some help in order to express our gratitude for all the galactic fun we have experienced untill now.

thirdly and last, the Arena project is now possible.
I was asking myself: why don't open a new Account NPC named ARENA with the only aim of build our galactic stadium?
What do you think about it?
Discussion is open from now about the rules of the ARENA.
Is it useful to something?
And if it is not who cares?
I say let's do it!

Hurra for the Barricades!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
6cef
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Two things.

Stargazer, can we can get an update on your bulletin?

Particularly, who is currently a member of this pact but, importantly, who is not?

-6cef

---
Visit Charm City! The shining jewel of Charminium!