THE BARRICADES PACT

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

FFUS can have my vote. In addition, I offer material aid in the form of 250,000 Light Jumpdrives. Simply chose one of the independent worlds near your capital and I will invade it, drop off the jumpdrives, remove all forces and allow you to capture it.
Nor
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'd like to clarify something about the Pact's stated rules and policies:

"2) If a member is attacked (and he lost planets) the other members counter attack the enemy"

So if I were to attack a Pact member's fleets only-- say, starfrigate fleets that are rudely parked on my planets, requests for the removal of which have been ignored-- that would *not* prompt the Pact's collective defense rules?
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I wouldn't go to war with you over something like that. I don't know why Charminium has capships parked all over the nebula but I wouldn't be real happy if they were in my territory and I think he should pull them out if he's still active.
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The only precedent for this is the destruction of scouts, which we have never considered to be an act of war. Since the Pact generally respects territorial sovereignty, I believe that such an act would be acceptable. I too would not got to war with you for attacking ships on worlds you control.

EDIT: Especially since you have tried diplomacy.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I would not attack anyone for that, although they might get a demand to tell me why they did it (and maybe a few rude remarks if I didn't have a good history with them :wink: ). And I also wouldn't attack ships left on my worlds; at least not until I figured out whether or not the fleets were just passing through. Charminium left a lot of ramjets on one of my sector capitals, but he was kind enough to remove them upon request, though his numerous explorer fleets have yet to disappear (*cough*cough*).
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
whaleduck
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Wayward Device wrote:FFUS can have my vote. In addition, I offer material aid in the form of 250,000 Light Jumpdrives. Simply chose one of the independent worlds near your capital and I will invade it, drop off the jumpdrives, remove all forces and allow you to capture it.
I pick Dubhe VI, which has the 17th fleet of the FFUS parked on it. Dubhe VI is ESE of NEWBIE's sector capital of NWE Youzhou HT SC.

Also, the FFUS would be *very* disappointed that another empire would attack their ships, but doesn't see that as enough reason to go to war.
Nor
Anarchist
Anarchist

Note that I'm not talking about attacking ships that are passing through my territory, or even ships that might park at one of my planets as part of picking a path through nebula. And I *don't* shoot down explorers.

I'm talking about fleets of ramjets that have been on my planets for almost a week. If they were passing through, they'd have passed by now; and there's no legitimate reason for them to be there.

Thanks for your feedback, all. Lord Charm, if you're around, care to comment?
Wayward Device
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

SungSlaver231 wrote:
Wayward Device wrote:FFUS can have my vote. In addition, I offer material aid in the form of 250,000 Light Jumpdrives. Simply chose one of the independent worlds near your capital and I will invade it, drop off the jumpdrives, remove all forces and allow you to capture it.
I pick Dubhe VI, which has the 17th fleet of the FFUS parked on it. Dubhe VI is ESE of NEWBIE's sector capital of NWE Youzhou HT SC.

Also, the FFUS would be *very* disappointed that another empire would attack their ships, but doesn't see that as enough reason to go to war.
The jumpdrives are dropped off and the world renamed "Gift from the RoR". Feel free to take it.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, I've just been attacked...and lost 16 worlds.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

By a small empire named "United Alliance".

As soon as my empire is just under control I always seem to be attacked by someone. It's like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:\ ! the galaxy is a cruel cold place
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AdmiralZo wrote:By a small empire named "United Alliance".

As soon as my empire is just under control I always seem to be attacked by someone. It's like 2 steps forward, 1 step back.
What are now your intention about the U.A.?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

AdmiralZo wrote:Yeah, I've just been attacked...and lost 16 worlds.
I have sent a few messages to UA via fleet movements hope he gets the message. Take a look.
NH620
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have sent a few messages to UA via fleet movements hope he gets the message. Take a look.
Thank you! He has ended his attacks. :D

It seems that there are only a precious few worlds remaining in the galaxy. We are going to run out very, very soon.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I see Bismalia has abdicated, I guess we'll have some worlds for the time being.