STARGAZER BULLETIN

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:
Atarlost wrote: It's beta. You're supposed to be reporting bugs, not exploiting them.
The point I'm getting at is that a new user wouldn't know about this in the first place. Maybe there should be a link to Ministry on the http://anacreon.kronosaur.com/ site, and maybe some clarification on known bugs and what not to do. People that are active in the community may be familiar with it, but people who find it independently of trans wouldn't.
People should not have to be told not to use multiple accounts. That's frowned on everywhere.
Literally is the new Figuratively
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Almost everywhere. I know of a few game servers in which it is quite allowable to have (albeit somewhat difficult to maintain) two accounts/empires. (It can be quite hilarious when someone goes to war with themselves to stay in character)

But if this is to be strictly forbidden, there needs to be some method of blocking this. One of the most effective things I've seen is IP address tracking, most commonly in breeding games. Only one account can be made per address and anyone found to be in violation will get their address(es) permanently banned from the site. Few people are willing to maintain proxies to switch in/out of every few minutes or go to another location to use their second account. Fewer still can pull it off effectively enough that it doesn't get noticed.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I've had a death in the family to tend to, plus anacreon seems pretty dead as well, so I think its time for a break. See yall in the next version.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That is very sad to hear, I am so sorry for your loss.

See you in the next version. (Hopefully not too long away)
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D hello friends! Any news from the galaxy? something new happened?
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hi Finnian!
The galaxy seems to have not changed since I last played (a few months ago). It's like the galaxy is frozen in time. I don't think anything exciting will happen until the next version comes out.....

See you then!

You can see I'm very bored.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:D I see
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well somebody take the whole thing over there will never be a better time.