Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have 50 millions aes! :mrgreen: I am rich!
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: :mrgreen: :evil: :x :shock:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:There are no invincible empires. Autocracy of Order has been shattered, its economy destroyed and its jumpfleet annihilated! While many starship captains remain loyal, the one-time superpower will be hard-pressed to regroup after a crippling attack by the Imperium of Man.

(asdf has no capital so is not included in most metrics, but is still around and still has some nebular fleets. Since nobody else has any nebular fleets of any size right now I'm not showing these.)

It's been about three weeks since I did one of these updates. My understanding of the galactic situation since that time is:
  • I (New Agraria) bought 170k Cyclops to attack asdf, taking out a few sector capitals but not completely destroying the empire. I lost a lot of the Cyclops attacking fortified sector capitals. asdf has remained pretty inactive since the attack. asdf got hit by the no-capital bug too.
  • bugzzzzzzz and hoa0004 attacked me and pretty much wiped me out. I was on vacation and didn't put of much of a fight. bugzzzzzzz hit me pretty hard in the initial attack.
  • I counterattacked bugzzzzzzz, snagging about 150k Gorgos from a defection and playing cat-and-mouse until my jumpfleets were caught and destroyed. bugzzzzzzz killed my remaining 68k Cyclops with what I think was a mass Eldritch attack, they didn't seem put up much of a fight. That attack took out my remaining transports and infantry. The remains of the defected Gorgos fleet are wandering around the galactic south getting eaten by attrition. New Agraria has no economy and only a bunch of scattered sector capitals.
  • While I was fighting bugzzzzzzz, a new empire, Daedalus Foundation, busted one or possibly two of Autocracy's hubs in the far west. The hubs which apparently unguarded. Daedalus is dead now, either conquered or abdicated.
  • Within the last 2 cycles, Human Imperium busted all the rest of Autocracy's clusters, apparently also taking some of Autocracy's Gorgos through defections. I don't know if Autocracy put up any sort of resistance to this attack. Autocracy has no jumpfleet left, although it still has a lot of starships and infantry and could hypothetically come back if it has any aes to buy transports
  • The strongest intact empires remaining (with functioning jumpfleets, starships, infantry and economies) are Imperium of Man, hoa0004, and bugzzzzzzz.
Let me know if I left anything out.
Yes someone attacked Newbie Empire and I had to start over...it was a small power and I hope it destabilized their empire. I would like to know who?
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: :mrgreen: :evil: :x :shock:
Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:There are no invincible empires. Autocracy of Order has been shattered, its economy destroyed and its jumpfleet annihilated! While many starship captains remain loyal, the one-time superpower will be hard-pressed to regroup after a crippling attack by the Imperium of Man.

(asdf has no capital so is not included in most metrics, but is still around and still has some nebular fleets. Since nobody else has any nebular fleets of any size right now I'm not showing these.)

It's been about three weeks since I did one of these updates. My understanding of the galactic situation since that time is:
  • I (New Agraria) bought 170k Cyclops to attack asdf, taking out a few sector capitals but not completely destroying the empire. I lost a lot of the Cyclops attacking fortified sector capitals. asdf has remained pretty inactive since the attack. asdf got hit by the no-capital bug too.
  • bugzzzzzzz and hoa0004 attacked me and pretty much wiped me out. I was on vacation and didn't put of much of a fight. bugzzzzzzz hit me pretty hard in the initial attack.
  • I counterattacked bugzzzzzzz, snagging about 150k Gorgos from a defection and playing cat-and-mouse until my jumpfleets were caught and destroyed. bugzzzzzzz killed my remaining 68k Cyclops with what I think was a mass Eldritch attack, they didn't seem put up much of a fight. That attack took out my remaining transports and infantry. The remains of the defected Gorgos fleet are wandering around the galactic south getting eaten by attrition. New Agraria has no economy and only a bunch of scattered sector capitals.
  • While I was fighting bugzzzzzzz, a new empire, Daedalus Foundation, busted one or possibly two of Autocracy's hubs in the far west. The hubs which apparently unguarded. Daedalus is dead now, either conquered or abdicated.
  • Within the last 2 cycles, Human Imperium busted all the rest of Autocracy's clusters, apparently also taking some of Autocracy's Gorgos through defections. I don't know if Autocracy put up any sort of resistance to this attack. Autocracy has no jumpfleet left, although it still has a lot of starships and infantry and could hypothetically come back if it has any aes to buy transports
  • The strongest intact empires remaining (with functioning jumpfleets, starships, infantry and economies) are Imperium of Man, hoa0004, and bugzzzzzzz.
Let me know if I left anything out.
Yes someone attacked Newbie Empire and I had to start over...it was a small power and I hope it destabilized their empire. I would like to know who?
NH620
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Answer:
•New Agraria bounced back from 8 worlds to 73, partly through a war of annihilation against NEWBIE.
:mrgreen:
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:o It seems that the mighty Bugzzzzzzz now has 2 capitals! One in the far south, and the other in the north.

I've never seen this happen before...there are just so many different bugzzzzzzz :D
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is related to the no-capital bug- sometimes when you take another empire's capital it goes over to your empire while retaining the Imperial Capital designation.

The other empire doesn't have a capital anymore when this happens, which makes it impossible for them to receive messages, abdicate, or check their own total fleet size. The captured foreign capital does not project a control radius, can't be redesignated, and retains the original empire's doctrine even if your empire has a different doctrine.

Looks like bugzzzzzzz took Ontarion's capital in this case. Ontarion is by far the biggest empire that I have seen this happen to and might actually be able to recover its capital if it can scrape enough forces together.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The state of the galaxy is unsettled. The biggest event of the past 7 cycles was/is the war between bugzzzzzzz and Ontarion, which seems to have resumed in force after a brief truce. As of right now it looks like Ontarion has been getting a drubbing.
  • Ontarion had a weak starship fleet relative to its size, as it was a relatively young empire and big starfrigate fleets require many cycles to build. Bugzzzzzzz may have used gunships as a major combat element in its war, as my scouts saw a bugzzzzzzz Starship fleet moving in the galactic north (it might have been captured Ontarion ships, though.)
  • Bugzzzzzzz took all of Ontarion's capitals and Ontarion has fallen prey to the no-capital bug. Ontarion definitely still has a few intact ships scattered across the galaxy, including the largest remaining ramjet fleet, but no control over its territory for at least another cycle. Because Ontarion doesn't have a capital, I haven't included it in my statistics- it's not easy to count units with out an imperial capital. However, it still has at least a million space forces worth of miscellaneous, mostly-immobile starships (~50k Gorgos). I haven't been able to locate an intact jumpfleet but they must have had about 6 million Eldritches before the war. If even half of these still survive Ontarion might have a chance; my guess is that they were probably destroyed at their yards without ever being consolidated. Bugzzzzzzz definitely captured Ontarion's entire jumptransport fleet, which must have been about a million Warphants- a really huge haul. Ontarion's ramjet fleet looks intact but it's partly confined to one bright nebula pocket. Bugzzzzzzz is urging Ontarion to abdicate.
  • Imperium of Man may have fended off an attack from a 10-cycles-old minor empire called Kree. Kree seems to have captured or inherited a very large jumpfleet for such a small empire, they have something like 600,000 Eldritches. I'm not sure if they were fighting Imperium but they have a bunch of random designated planets in Imperium space nowhere near their capital; it's hard to tell exactly what's going on with them.
  • Autocracy finally abdicated or auto-abdicated after a long period of decline. The two surviving major powers with appreciable fleets are Imperium and bugzzzzzzzz. Everyone else in the game is decidedly third-rate (Hoa0004 still has a pretty decent Gorgos fleet.)
  • I'm now tracking Hand, THE ONE, the new iteration of NEWBIE; Zott, Krual and University are on my radar. One of these empires is my new one; some of you have already guessed which one it is.
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Apparently, a new empire spawned on my capital so it switched to one of my sector capitals (which bugzzzzzz took). I then found out the hard way that since capitals become independent when they are conquered, retaking your capital will result in the destruction of your empire O.o

So... that bug needs to be fixed
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wow, it looks and sounds like the no-capital bug is even worse than I thought. Right now the planets that are part of your empire aren't even showing an overview, although they are still red and connected by trade routes. They look like this when I click on them:

I'm trying to sort this out, is this the order in which things happened?
  • your original imperial capital was lost because a new empire spawned with it somehow
  • a sector capital became your new imperial capital
  • bugzzzzzzz captured the new capital
  • the no-capital/double-capital bug happened
  • when you retook the former-sector-then-new-imperial capital from bugzzzzzzz it destroyed your empire
Was it Kree that spawned on your original capital? That would explain how they ended up with so many jumpships. Did the new empire randomly spawn on your capital while it was still your capital and part of your empire, or had it been captured - revolted - gone independent?

Was the sector capital that your imperial capital designation switched to one that you had for a while, or was it one that you had established in the last 24 hours?
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I don't really know whether it was still my capital or it had revolted, I suspect the former because my capital's efficiency was very strong. However, that seems to be the order things happened - when I retook my (new) capital, it immediately went independent (because sector caps do that when you conquer them) but since I had no capitals, my empire self-destructed. I had that cap for awhile. It wasn't Kree who spawned on my cap - I had mostly starfrigates on my capital. And a bunch of imperial guards.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You should describe the bug on Ministry. I don't know when George will next be working on Anacreon bugs but this seems like a pretty major one.
MDFification
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm trying this game out as the Emdief Union! Please to meet y'all.

EDIT: New Emdief Union now, since I had the misfortune to start in an area with no easily takeable consumer goods autofacs :roll: I'm located near Kraul now. Which is a bit worrying, since I suspect that Krual has conquered two of its neighbors already...
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

News since last update:
  • Telaris seems to be decaying rapidly, I'm not sure if a war was involved.
  • bugzzzzzzz is making a major invesment in jumpmissiles.
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ouch. It looked like I still had over 300 planets when my empire self-destructed.
MDFification
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm back in as the Sarnese Integration. You can find me trembling in fear near the Human Imperium's northern hubs, hoping they don't object to me poaching worlds they've abandoned.