Anacreon Beta II Discussion Thread

General discussion for the game Anacreon
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I went thru my hubs and found one with the same problem. Other hubs had millions of hex on the hub, but I found one that had 50,000 with millions on the hex worlds, with one hex world exporting all it has, just like your situation.

I have not seen this before and shall investigate. However, if you want to explore this idea, try it on trillium. I generally don't pay attention to my hex as long as I have enough, but I watch the trillium closely.

Try it on trillum and chromium, then on consumer goods.

I haven't found all the secrets of this by any means. Just remember you can set a hub to import 999% of its needs, and this has many interesting effects on how you can organize and keep track of your resources.

I feel like it also helps make an empire more resiliant. If an enemy was too weak to take one of your hubs, but instead took a few resource worlds, the hub stockpile could keep things going, with the remaining worlds sending their stockpiles to the hub. This might prevent civil wars for a day or too until you log back on and fix the problem.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Removing all of the resource from the hub using transports reset so everthing is working as it should, with the hub taking tens of thousands of hex from each refinery every watch. I don't recall ever having this problem, and I wonder what, if any, code changes were made between beta1 and beta 2.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Not much to report.
  • A few old 1-planet empires vanished, IDK whether they were conquered or what
  • asdf has shown some activity for the first time in a while, although nothing particularly dramatic
  • I forgot to include Telaris in "% change in space forces" but they grew by 465%, mostly because they brought their first Gorgos yard online.
Walloping
Anarchist
Anarchist

The 5 cycle old Mandate attacked my 25 cycle old Telarin Combine from a nebula south of the Combine. After mustering my fleets and sending them to their sector capitals; they appear to have abdicated. They also renamed several worlds: "U mad?", "Combine suck cock 10", "Haha, u mad", "@#$! the combine", "New @#$! the combine", "Old @#$! the combine", "Just Killed Your Fleet", "This World Hates the Combine", "Sanzu Monument sucks", "Literally, @#$! the Combine", and many more. I wonder what made him salty.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:shock: I wonder as well...
StarCrash
Anarchist
Anarchist

Is there already a fully explored Map of the new Galaxy around? I would be curious to see.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Chaos reigns in the galaxy! My next galactic update will be delayed.

My empire, New Agraria, attacked nebular heavyweight asdf about a week and a half ago. This led to counterstrikes against me by bugzzzzzzz and hoa0004.

Meanwhile the undisputed galactic superpower Autocracy of Order is getting clusterbusted along its eastern border by an 8-period old empire, Daedalus Foundation- it's not me this time! Daedalus barely has any ships but took out the hub of a mature cluster. Maybe Autocracy hasn't been reinforcing?

New empires are rising rapidly all over the place and attacking established powers. I can't tell if it's one veteran player creating many empires to troll, or if multiple capable new players are entering the game all at once. Telaris has been attacked several times by Mandate, who came back and then disappeared again since Walloping's last post. I had a fleet hit by IMPERIUM (not the same as Imperium of Man), although that might have been an accident.

"Normal" empires that are new since my last update are Ontarion in the far north and returning vet NEWBIE in the far west.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Greetings,

I am the leader of the Imperium, and the attack on the Agrarian scout fleet was merely a precaution... apologies, no hostilities intended.

Within just the first cycle of establishing my empire I was provoked by a much larger power known as "The Mandate", which sought to expand deep into Imperial territory, even going so far as to establish multiple sector capitals within 100 light years of Terra.

Of course, I took measures to defend our sovereignty. I sent them an ultimatum to remove all fleets and surrender all worlds within the control radius of my capital, following which I captured several of their sector capitals causing other worlds to defect with some entering civil war.

Following this, they abdicated after reminding me that "this will not be forgotten". So be it.

Understandably, we are now more cautious of foreign powers entering our space...

Regards,
Imperator
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The peace in the galaxy has been swept aside and we are now entering a dark and violent era.

Recently, asdf was brutally attacked by the fleets of New Agraria. Unfortunately, there was only one way to protect our friend, and that was with the use of force.
Finnian
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

:? I am so sorry, I can't manage very well my empire, I have tennis elbow, all my population have tennis elbow
IN GEORGE WE TRUST
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Finnian wrote::? I am so sorry, I can't manage very well my empire, I have tennis elbow, all my population have tennis elbow
Lol, if anything your empire has been a beacon of stability.
WorldsStrongestNerd
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The Human Imperium regards this newcomer with a jaundiced eye. Are they human? Or are they some degenerate alien species?
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmm... yet another human empire has arisen. And yes, we are also humans. Our fleets have not registered your presence, so you must lie south of the great nebula. All very well, as the True Imperium does not concern itself with affairs in that region. Our dominion will lie strictly in the galactic north.
josh19967
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hello,
I am the leader of the Ontarion Empire, apparently in the far north. While nobody has decided to attack me as of yet, I am feeling quite uneasy about explorer fleets orbiting my more productive worlds. I am simply trying to expand by taking independent worlds.
I really don't care if I get my hair cut... *snip* NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Walloping
Anarchist
Anarchist

The Telarin Combine desires only peace after our rapid expansion some years ago. Mandate is a severe threat to that peace and should be prevented from expanding in the north at the very least.