Era 3 Bug: Ramjet fleets can't path in nebulae?

General discussion for the game Anacreon
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Is this meant to happen??

EDIT: Okay definitely a bug. None of my ramships can move anywhere. Light nebulae, dark nebulae, clearspace, nada. Did any of their core properties get changed in the Era 3 pull request? Also, anyone else built ramships yet that can verify this?
Attachments
screenshot 2017-04-15 (1).jpg
screenshot 2017-04-15 (1).jpg (413.28 KiB) Viewed 15155 times
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The old trick of merging with a clearspace fleet to move it doesn't work either...

http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=70476

Looks like no ramjets for me this game :(
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I am able to purchase Mesophon Hammerheads and move them around in the dark nebula north of me. Hardly conclusive, but another data point to consider.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I am able to move the Hammerheads from a dark nebula into a bright nebula, at least from some angles.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I have also been successful moving Cerberuses and mixed ramjet-jumpship fleets around in my little corner of the galaxy.
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Huh, that's funny. Looks like it's only affecting me for some reason. I have no idea why. I literally cannot move any fleet with ramjets in it, it just comes up with a "unable to plot a course" error. Even if the world I'm selecting as the destination is right next to the ramjet yard. Oh well, I guess we can just say the Imperium lost ramship tech long long ago and never recovered it...
--Imperator--
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Okay, since I've expanded into the light nebula south of me I can confirm ramjets are indeed working properly. It seems to be just that little strip of dark nebula surrounding my capital that's acting funny. I think the ramjet code is thinking it's a rift zone instead of a nebula so it's refusing to path ships through it, IDK. :roll:
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This doesn't have much to do with Ramjets, but in respect to the dark nebula code maybe thinking it is a rift zone there are patches of rift zone that have been taken over by dark nebula, a fleet may pass through the rift zone normally in this case. Perhaps they are related.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Fleets have always been theoretically able to path through rift zone gaps, but in practice they sometimes have trouble finding a path before the algorithm gives up.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm fairly certain it is not normal for the rift zone, turned dark nebula, to be passed THROUGH from one place to the next, as though the the rift zone no longer is there. But these were jumpships not ramjets, I don't have any to try it with.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I have recently run into this bug as well. I bought some hammerheads at a mesophan world in the dark nebula in my northeast sector and was unable to tell the fleet to go anywhere at all, from next door planet to ways away. None were trying to path around rift zones, should have been direct flights from planet to planet.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO. CAN'T MOVE ANY RAMJET SHIPS IN THREE DIFFERENT EMPIRES I HAD, WHICH PUT ME AT A DISADVANTAGE IN ALL THREE EMPIRES. SO I ABDICATED IN EACH ONE.
NH620
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:52 pm
HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO. CAN'T MOVE ANY RAMJET SHIPS IN THREE DIFFERENT EMPIRES I HAD, WHICH PUT ME AT A DISADVANTAGE IN ALL THREE EMPIRES. SO I ABDICATED IN EACH ONE.
No need to yell about it...
Enyalius Jin
Anarchist
Anarchist

starxplor wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:05 am
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:52 pm
No need to yell about it...
I'm guessing that the RAG/King Thor empire that I destroyed a couple weeks ago is this guy... because he yelled at me in all of his in-game messages as well :P

- Jin
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

He isn't yelling, he is typing with feeling. GOODNESS.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,

Gifts of diamond rays,