Absolutely Ridiculous no help topic stickied to the top of the forum.

General discussion for the game Anacreon
Oddball
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I can't believe all the great charts tables and guides I have seen over the years has not been moved to a a help topic that has been created a sticky to the top of the forum. I see people concerned no one is playing I cant help but think its partially due to no friggin help section that can actually be found. I typed in search today for sirus gun ships. found nada. yet I know I have seen a chart on the different ships. I don't play often due to bandwidth so I forget much I had learned last time I played.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The community wiki has a ton of stuff, was that not helpful? We are all community run and maintained here, and we do as much as we can in our spare time. Just recently myself jumped back into the world of Transcendence
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The wiki is only for Transcendence, not Anacreon...

There is an outdated beginners guide floating around on these forums, but I don't know how much of it is obsolete.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

starxplor wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:04 pm

There is an outdated beginners guide floating around on these forums, but I don't know how much of it is obsolete.
I , personally , play the version in single player - not online ( they kill me every time :) )
However, not being savvy , I found that mainly the two versions are the same , if anything I would suggest you play the download single turn based game - I do my thing and click next..it does it's worst..
and practice before adventuring into the online version.

There is no winning a multi-player open ended game , so don't try to win, Just do your thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there is something you need answered specifically, post it, someone familiar with the topic will get back to replying.

This is not a huge company, it's a huge community - most players we will never hear from - but we know they are out there and if you post it , somebody will try to get you an answer ( and see if the guides can be updated if needed ) .
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
starxplor
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am guessing you meant to reply to OP?

I happened to recently posted in another thread about the multiple previous versions and how each had its ups and downs (biggest things are fleet size and trillium reserves).

I agree with the idea that there is no game defined end, the players have to come up with their own goals to reach for. Additionally, a player can always abdicate and restart after spending some time just playing around to get the feel of things... the big empires cant attack a small empire without collapsing in civil war, so they have some time to get a feel of the game.
TheBugKing
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

shanejfilomena wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:18 pm
starxplor wrote:

I , personally , play the version in single player - not online ( they kill me every time :) )
However, not being savvy , I found that mainly the two versions are the same , if anything I would suggest you play the download single turn based game - I do my thing and click next..it does it's worst..

There is no winning a multi-player open ended game , so don't try to win, Just do your thing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there is something you need answered specifically, post it, someone familiar with the topic will get back to replying.

This is not a huge company, it's a huge community - most players we will never hear from - but we know they are out there and if you post it , somebody will try to get you an answer ( and see if the guides can be updated if needed ) .
For any newbies out there that happen to stubble into this, there is a way win the open game. Come up with your own objectives, whatever weird or crazy or benign thing that may be, if you achieve it then you have won. If you achieve it, try for another. When someone gets in the way of your goals, negotiate. If you are in the way of someone else's goals, be king of the castle until dead. Just don't forget, that whatever you have or don't have in the world, that little blob of dots and circles and triangles on the screen, that's yours.
Fire, Fire, Fire;
Streaks of golden light,
Rays of cosmic waves crashing through still dead night.

Gifts of diamond rays,
Strewn pearls of days not measured,
Treasured gleaming quests fade through the absolute oblivion of infinite time, no matter the direction.

And war died the day it noticed itself,
Peace, yet still dead, peace in the void of voids.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

TheBugKing wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:49 pm
shanejfilomena wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:18 pm
starxplor wrote:

For any newbies out there that happen to stubble into this, there is a way win the open game. Come up with your own objectives, whatever weird or crazy or benign thing that may be, if you achieve it then you have won. If you achieve it, try for another. When someone gets in the way of your goals, negotiate. If you are in the way of someone else's goals, be king of the castle until dead. Just don't forget, that whatever you have or don't have in the world, that little blob of dots and circles and triangles on the screen, that's yours.
I suppose you are correct, I don't even recall writing that :()
but I am a Dinosaur and everywhere I look I see flaming balls of celestial bodies falling upon my little world.
Thank you for your Input :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..