Using a plasma welder to create a station

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Greetings Everyone,

I was looking at various weapons in a Commonwealth Station the other day, when I saw a plasma welder. In its description there was mention that it was used to construct stations rather than to be used as a weapon. So what I am wondering is this: is it possible to create a mod where the player could set titanium barricades into a close circle, then use the plasma welder to create a small station? Also, what about an ore refining factory where any ore that is not energetic i.e. helium or xenotite, could be processed for a fee. Then put a condition of how many armor / much processed ore / one would have to have to build the station. After it is built, you could specify what its purpose was, give it a name, and set what items would be sold there, or service provided. Anyhow, let me know what you think on this, all comments welcome. :twisted:
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Darth Saber,

I think making your own station is a very good idea where you can keep your item or wing men can dock on it .I think there is a ore refining mod at Xelerus ,I can not remember the author's name because I did not use it. :)
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I was looking at various weapons in a Commonwealth Station the other day, when I saw a plasma welder. In its description there was mention that it was used to construct stations rather than to be used as a weapon.
Darth Saber, you are using my mods :D

However enabling the player to build could be interesting. And I think it's possible to code.

Also, I did an Ore refining mod some time ago. It's still on xelerus.
appleseed
Miner
Miner

So, are you going to make the mod? it would be interesting .
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is actually very easy to do!

Step one, make your desired station.
Step two, make an item.
Place this code in your item

Code: Select all

<Invoke>
 (block Nil
   (sysCreateStation &stYourStationUnid
        (sysVectorPolarOffset gplayership 0 10)
   )
   (itmSetKnown gItem)
   (objRemoveItem gSource gItem 1)
)
</Invoke>
I don't think there will be anything 'IN' the station if you make it a store as the inventory is created when the topology is written but you could write that into the <Initialize> so that it's made when you dock.
I thought about making a strategy style transcendence, where you build a base, construct your own ships and equipment, mine resources, etc. but it's a lot of work for all that.

A REALLY cool idea would be a 'real estate' station, that sold different types of stations the player could buy and place as desired. Great for building trade routes or safe havens. could be especially useful in the late game where there aren't many friendly stations....

I think I might try that!
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!