Extending a weapon's perceived range for AI

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Is there something that I can do, perhaps in the <Configuration> element that will allow me to tell the AI to fire a particular weapon even though the ship's target isn't technically within range? I mean, can I tell it somehow to fire the weapon if its within 20 LS of being within range or something to that effect?
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I don't think there is. Firing at something you can't hit is not normally something you'd consider doing.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Often times a weapon can hit something outside of the range calculated by the missile speed and lifetime. Different fragments and/or configurations make this possible. But there's no way to tell the AI to keep that in mind.
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

have you tried to play around with <AIsettings> ?
try to change the perception and the fireRangeAdj ?
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think the AI does take account of fragmentation somehow. It uses TM7s fairly reasonably and most of their range is on the fragments. It does seem to discount fragment range, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't completely ignore it.