How to replace words in main menu.

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Datal
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hi !
I would like to ask you for help. As you know I'm working on additional language in the game. Therefore, I would like to change the words in the main menu, for example, "new game" into "nowa gra". Unfortunately, I do not know how to do it and if it is possible. I would be grateful if someone would do this for me or help me with this. Of course I would translate needed words :) Thanks

(And bonus question: there is a way to make the game distinguish characters like "ł" "ą" "ć" "?)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I believe Transcendence uses ASCII. I can't find the font files to confirm, but I believe you'll need to ask George to allow font replacement and find an 8 bit Polish font.

If everything you need is in the ASCII set, which most vowel accents are, you can just use them. Unfortunately, I think the 'a' with a tail is outside the English(American) ASCII set.

I'm pretty sure you'll need to file a ticket on bugtrac for the menu text. You should probably file one for fonts as well even if Polish doesn't turn out to need it because other translations would. A conversion to unicode would be best.
Literally is the new Figuratively