tinkering with SpaceEnvironmentType

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
LordSutekh
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Just thought I'd post this here to save someone else from wondering. SpaceEnvironmentType is only used in vanilla Trans for two instances; nebulae, and the Heretic quarantine effect. The Heretic quarantine effect is achieved through script, and the nebula has only three fields; attributes, which can take any string as far as I know; lrsJammer which is a true/false switch; and dragFactor. I don't know if it can accept other fields. For dragFactor, the lower the number, the more effect it will have. It seems to apply the drag every time the system updates, as putting a very low number in will create a notable jerkiness to the effect. Putting a negative number in dragFactor will create a sort of bumper car nebula which pushes you back. Putting a number over 100 will actually accelerate you until you exit the nebula. Putting 0 or 100 has no effect. Surreptitiously putting in a damage field to try to recreate the old radiation field has no effect.
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Interesting.
I wonder if this can be messed with to create equipment to mitigate the movement or scanner penalties in nebula?