Ships

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Maloran
Miner
Miner

I think I have the basics of weapons, armor, shields, and other such items. Now I want to do a ship.

The problem is I only seem to be able to do it if I use someone else's Player ship. I tried making my own Player Ranx Destroyer or whatever. I got it to show up and all but it couldn't move and there were some other things that didn't work. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Next, how could I get custom graphics for ships? If I had them, where in the mod would I put them? I'm not very good at drawing things like that so is there someone who if I told them what I wanted could do up the pics?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: If anyone knows the name of the ship that looks like a Star Destroyer from Star Wars I'd like to make it a player ship. I've seen it in the main menu before and once it get's there it never leaves... It looks like it has dual omniParticle guns.
Even the Dark Side has a shadow
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The ship that looks like the star destroyer from Star Wars is the Xenophobe Defender.

Would you be able to post the code of what you have done so far? What does the debug say?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The ship that looks like the star destroyer from Star Wars is the Xenophobe Defender.

Would you be able to post the code of what you have done so far? What does the debug say? Also, do you have a drive device installed on the ship? If not, you may need to change the maneuver, maxSpeed and thrust values on the ship.
Maloran
Miner
Miner

I got rid of the that ship... It made me mad that it didn't work. I checked the debug and there was nothing wrong with it it just wouldn't move. Thanx for the info on the Star Destroyer. If I have any troubles with that I'll let you know.

Anyone got info on graphics?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You can ask Dvlenk6, who is a very good graphic maker at the UTF. His website is at http://dvlenk6.blackraven3f.com or you can contact him at [email protected]. He makes the graphics for free, but he currently has a two-week waiting list.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The link is http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/ and I'm going through my back log faster than I thought I would. I usually exaggerate my work load a little bit :lol: . That way I don't tell somebody I can do something and then not have the time to do it. I've got about three to five days of work left, but that isn't counting Yugi's requests or some things I wanted to make for Transcendence.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Maloran
Miner
Miner

I posted my request on your Forums. Threre is really no hurry, although within the next 2 weeks wouldn't be bad. Well thanx anyways!

I also made the Xenophobe Defender a player ship and modded it to be a good starting ship. As soon as I finish touching up my mods I'll send them to Thom and then everyone can use them! :)
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

George, could you do something about that Dylanjct guy? Possible delete the annoying advertisements.
Dylanjct, if you want people to use your friend's/family's/people that hired you out, then I recommend you say so in a new topic, and make sure the post makes (more) sense. Since you've done all of these annoying posts, i'm certainly not going to want that site to host my website now.