Weapon Configuration Attributes

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

First off, what does the aimTolerance attribute do?

Secondly, is it possible to input a range of values for the angle="" bit?
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

The aimTolerance attribute is used only by the AI. It the angle within which the AI considers the ship to be lined-up with the target.

Unfortunately, the values the angle attribute cannot be random. Though I will possibly add range values in a future version.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks George. Tis a pity that my plans for a wildly inaccurate weapon will have to wait. :P
> = = = = ۞
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Tis a pity that my plans for a wildly inaccurate weapon will have to wait.
If you don't want it to fragment, and don't want it a laser you could use particles. (basically a morningstar with one particle)
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's true...I'm thinking of doing a version of the light recoilless with absurd fire rate and poor accuracy, so that would work very well...
> = = = = ۞
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Where can I find the basic configuration for the lazer cannon? I haven't seen much written about this weapon anywhere.
I can't get that transdata utility proggie to work on my PC. It'll call up the copywrite and menu, but it errors out claiming it can't load Transcendence.exe for some reason. Nube question; Is the game supposed to be loaded and running whenever you execute the transdata ut?
marr
Miner
Miner

FAD wrote:Where can I find the basic configuration for the lazer cannon? I haven't seen much written about this weapon anywhere. I can't get that transdata utility proggie to work on my PC.
Well, actually you can get it here right now, as I recall unpacking the xml files to my webspace so's I could look things up at work.

I would of course immediately remove this from public access at the author's request.
Fossaman wrote:Secondly, is it possible to input a range of values for the angle="" bit?
Recent experience says yes. Here's the current config from my afterburner experiments:

<Configuration aimTolerance="90">
<Shot posAngle="+160" posRadius="56" angle="180"/>
<Shot posAngle="-160" posRadius="56" angle="180"/>
</Configuration>

Which results in an "alternate" style firing pattern, but backwards, originating from slightly behind the player ship's thrusters. posAngle and posRadius need to be fiddled with for larger ship graphics, natch.
Last edited by marr on Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That post was from version 0.96a. I am aware that it's changed with version 0.97. :P
> = = = = ۞
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks marr! Appreciate the prompt reply and the information!