Transcendence Modder's Union

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I'm posting this here for those who do not read the UTF.

A little while back, in http://s8.invisionfree.com/Transcendenc ... this topic ThorWarriorX had the idea of many Transcendence modders getting together and making a huge compilation of mods made by people like me. I thought this idea was brilliant, and so I converted the forum I was already making for my own mods for this idea. You can reach that forum http://z7.invisionfree.com/TMU/]here.
This idea was then named the Transcendence Modders Union, or TMU for short. If you read the sticky in the main forum on the TMU board, you'll get the idea. Otherwise, you can read it here:

"The idea of the Transcendence Modder's Union (TMU for short) is that Transcendence modders get together to create a huge mod, adding many more sovereigns, ships, items, weapons, shields, armor, reactors, engines, and more to the game. Each modder should make at least one sovereign to add to the game, complete with themed devices, ships and stations for the sovereign.
Dvlenk (and others) will hopefully be able to make graphics for this new, huge mod. The coding and "graphicing" will probably take place after the release of Transcendence 0.96b, after we've all finished playing with it (I would like opinions on this). The project will probably take 4-7 months to complete, and will hopefully attract many new modders and players, resulting in newer and better mods and modders, and giving a lot more support for the game."

George, what is your opinion on all of this?
BlackPheonix
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

and Remember folks/george we don't really have a clue as to what were doing! ain't three ringed circus's fun?! adn none of what yugi posted is concrete...and neither is the name.
"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless..."
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Yugimotomanager wrote:George, what is your opinion on all of this?
I can only give you the following bits of hard-won advice:

1. Make sure you decide up-front how to resolve disagreements among you. As long as everyone agrees how decisions are to be made, everything will be OK.

2. Make sure you have intermediate milestones. For example, agree on a set of tasks to complete each week. Otherwise, progress will slow down and you will give up.

3. Make sure you have a vision in mind of where you want to end up. Otherwise, you will never get there.

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

the big george wrote:1. Make sure you decide up-front how to resolve disagreements among you. As long as everyone agrees how decisions are to be made, everything will be OK.
This has yet to be discussed, and we'll get around to it, probably today or tomorrow.
the big george wrote:2. Make sure you have intermediate milestones. For example, agree on a set of tasks to complete each week. Otherwise, progress will slow down and you will give up.
Hmm......good advice, thankyou. This will also probably be discussed soon.
the big george wrote:3. Make sure you have a vision in mind of where you want to end up. Otherwise, you will never get there.
Do you mean like the end of our first project, or all what will happen at the end of the huge project we're working up to?
the big george wrote:I sincerely wish you all the best of luck!
Thankyou, I needed some positive reinforcement after all the arguing on the UTF :)
BlackPheonix
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That i Proudly was sleeping through!!
"The world of reality has it's limits, the world of imagination is boundless..."