I'll model ships for you for free

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Ringman
Anarchist
Anarchist

Im an aspiring graphic artist. I recently started going to school for Computer Science with

a computer graphics concentration. I've been trying to find things to pad my portfolio

with, and I have made a few designs involving space ships and other futuristic things, one

using other people's designs. As I hear you guys need images for ships and stuff for mods,

and I'd like to help so I have more things to put into my portfolio. Since its the summer

and I'm only working full time this would be a good way to get it filled up with a variety

of things. If you are interested in using me and you can't model worth crud or draw worth

crud but scratched together a cool ship, pm me and we'll talk. If your reference pictures

are detailed enough it will take me less then a week to create it.

Whether I take the assignment or not depends on whether I like the ship.

Here's some samples of some of my stuff. One being a spaceship, of course.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/ ... ship-1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v409/ ... eleton.png
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi ! Welcome to Transcendence Forums !

Any help for making cool starships and 3D graphics is really appreciated !
We had some people doing 3D models in the past (Oddbob and dvlenk) but they were not active recently.

And after looking at your pictures :shock: , my recent efforts in the "3D world" are really hilarious. :lol:
obsidean
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hmm, would you be open with making 3-d versions of ships from an old dos game?

I'm working on some mods to bring ships from Star Control 2 to the game, but I'm just learning blender so it will be a while before I'm decent enough to want to show them off.

I do have a few models that other people have made, they would just need textures if you don't mind not doing things completely from scratch.

Very impressive examples by the way.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yay!

You'll develop a deeper understanding of 'the snowball effect' offering to do graphics around here. :)

So you want us to send requests to your pm box? Why not here in this thread?

You know what I would love to see- a set of weapons icons for the game. That single weapon item picture is way over used.

Do you have a copy of Transcendence? Do you play the game? Did you use TransData to unpack the Resources folder and take a look at the existing game graphics?
Ringman
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ok, I guess I'll let you request here, I just need to make sure I have it set to notify me when a reply is posted.

Here's the deal, to avoid the snowball effect.
1.I'm only doing one at a time.
2.I'll decide whether or not I like to do the model based on the idea.
3. I need some detailed reference pics They don't have to be extreme quality but detailed. Front/side/top views and a color scheme would be good.
4.If I decide not to finish a model in the middle (which hopefully won't happen) then that's the way it is no questions asked.
5. While I'm trying to learn efficiency and speed and meeting deadlines with modelling, its done when its done.
6. Finally, it's first come first serve.

So far the closest guy to making it is the one suggesting making some star control ships. If you can give me the refs I'll make one. But like I said, one at a time please!

And to answer your questions, I have a copy, I play the game and love it, but I haven't yet unpacked the data, but have looked into it.
Ringman
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've currently been "hired" so to speak for a fairly simple but a good model to get started with. I might do some tweaks to add extra detail, but it should be fun to throw this thing together. Might have it done by tonight if the weather's clear and nothing comes up! Oh and the reason for PM's as opposed to direct posts is some people may not be comfortable with displaying their designs to everybody at first.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I guess it would be too much to ask for help with my ridiculous project.. 29 ships of varying sizes, all top down view. It's in another thread called Alcurean Fleet on this board. I don't know if they'll ever be finished.. lol
obsidean
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Considering the talent this person displays they might be able to help you with some of them, if they want, after all I don't really get to decide.

But seeing that fleet of yours in 3-d would be neat, although I imagine you'd have to tweak the colors.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

When I colored them originally, it was all about making sure no two panels have the same color and then making it look pretty. All work was approved by a professional pretty determiner - my gf. I made one part of one ship in 3d and it took me 2 hours. I think I'm screwed.
Ringman
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sure I'd like to give you a try, one ship at a time though. I'm getting near finish on this first ship as it was an easy one, I'll show it off if the person who wants it agrees. The reason for avoiding showing off the ships is in case the user is working on a "secret" mod. I've made mods before for other games, and hype can sometimes kill a mod off as opposed to give it life.

I love modelling ships, but I need to get used to modelling things based off of other people's designs and decisions, because more then likely if I get a job they'll tell me what they want, not say, go wild and do whatever you want.
obsidean
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, he's done with my ship, and I'm very happy with it.
Ringman
Anarchist
Anarchist

Any chance I could see some final in game screenies from the thing?
Ringman
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ok done with my first modelling job, who's next?
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

:o Can I call next? You only have to do one ship. Maybe one of the bigger ones? I can send you any of the original full scale images.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hello! :D
What modeler(s) / renderers are you using?
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html