Darth Saber Mods

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Greetings to all! I would like to ask the members of the Transcendence Community what they honestly think of the mods which I have posted on Xelerus. I have received some feedback, but I would like to know what everyone truly thinks of them. Also, what are your suggestions as to mods that you would like to see created? :D
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Darth Saber, you made a nice mod pack specially I love your Aristar wave cannon and plasma blaster,those are my weapons of choice .I would like to suggest you some points on your mods
1.please make wave cannon harmless to friendly ships, like Pentient defending wave that dose not harm the Pentient ship.
2.Plasma enhancer dose not show any enhancement(Plsma blaster+10%).
3.Aristar reacter is very highlevel reacter ,please make some special kind of fuel for them.
This is all for now ,if I come to other suggestions I will tell you .Thank you. :)
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hello Appleseed, thanks for your post. I will review the Penitent mod and see what I can do about th wave cannon. I will check on the plasma enhancer again; i used ideas from the cannon accelerator and laser enhancer as the basis for my enhancer. The code worked, but I will review the mod again, and pull it from the main mod if I find that it doesn't work as advertised. Then I will repair and reupload it as a single mod. Special fuel is an interesting idea, but I wanted something unusual (i.e. - alien tech that would except any fuel source.) I got the idea after continually running out of fuel while using a Hyerion reactor. But I have been considering another reactor mod, so I will take your idea under consideration. Thanks for the feed back, appleseed. :twisted:
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Darth Saber, like yout said alien technology how about making Aristar research center .They research on alien technology they will buy alien instrument from player or send player on hunting alien instrument,also they can repair and install most of the alien instrument. I am giving the url for the research center graphics. :idea:

http://tlggungor.cgsociety.org/gallery/640008/
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Interesting idea, appleseed, I'll consider it. In accordance with your excellent sugestions, I have completed the following:

1. I created a shield that installs in the missile bay. It projects the Wave Cannon effect over you and your transport, doing no damage, blocks all incomming fire, while allowing your weapons fire to pass harmlessly through.

2. Fixed the plasma enhancer; it now enhances all plasma weapons by 10%.

3. Working on a new reactor; having problems on this, so it may be awhile befor it is done.

You are mentioned in the credits file for the the Eye of the Storm (the shield mod). You can find these on http://xelerus.de under "mods;" thought you would like that. :)
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Thank you Darth Saber. :D
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You're welcome, appleseed. Go to Xelerus and view the newest mod which I posted: the "Aegis Reactor." You are mentioned with special thanks in the credits of that one as well. The reactor uses the Aegis Crystal as a fual source. :twisted:
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Darth Saber,

I have downloaded your new mod it's great .I installed it on my ugw and they became nearly indestructible ,thank you again.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You are most welcome, appleseed. I am glad that you like the new mod.

If anyone has suggestions for mods, - etc, please post some here.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have added the following additions to Xelerus:

Huari Citizen ROM - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=383
This ROM contains a virus which hacks the Huari Central Mainframe and creates a citizenship record for you. Included is a Player ROM which reminds the Commonwealth that you are one of its Citizens.

Commonwealth Debit Card - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=389
The Commonwealth Galactic Bank has now issued debit cards to its members. Upon use it will transfer 5,000 credits to your account.

Wind Slaver - Player Ship - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=387
A captured Wind Slaver ship with Sung Slaver infiltration software.

Night Hawk - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=388
A combat fighter for the Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone, the Night Hawk has a special omnidirectional, alternating lightning cannon.

Earth-Class Worldcraft - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=390
A ship / planet with its own power complex, shield, cargo hold, and unique defenses.

Guardian-Class Wingman - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=394
The first in a line of highly advanced AI wingmen, the Guardian was made to resemble a Centurion/X heavy gunship. If will follow any order that you would give to a wingman. Special abilities include: 1. you only need to buy it once / will not deplete after one use; 2. the Guardian can replicate and infinite number of times, and can also absorb all replications without addng an ounce to your cargo hold; and 3. can be commanded to return to base, and will beam itself into your cargo hold.

Hornet-Class Wingman - http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=395
The second in the line of AI wingman, this one is designed to resemble a Hornet Battlepod. It shares the same technology as the Guardian, but is equipped with a Shuriken neutron blaster, and a Class III Deflector shield.

These are the newest editions to the Aristar Industries line of products; with the exception of the Debit Card, which, although created by me, is not manufactured by my company, but for the Commonwealth Galactic Bank.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

it would be nice if you can actually make a modpack with some new autons and variations. Fine tuned, please. :D
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Digdug said: "it would be nice if you can actually make a modpack with some new autons and variations. Fine tuned, please."

Explain what you mean by new autons, variations, and 'fine tuned.'
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

variations: We already have a full line of combat and cargo autons, find a 'niche' and build a few autons to fill it. I have a hangar that spawns Pylons, more like immobile laser towers but they are fitted with Ion cannons so they don't do any damage but make a nice safe zone for me to retreat to if needed.

Fine tuned: Balanced. God autons are kinda fun to have around for a few minutes until they blast through your shield and vaporize you (it's happened to me...) or they destroy a CW station and then the Corporate Cruiser shows up and blasts you while your God auton is off terrorizing the rest of CW space (also happened to me...)

Are your auton/wingmen compatible with the UGWingmen mod? advanced communications and upgradeable is always nice, but might not be necessary if you can spawn infinite numbers of them.
I'm going to DL and check these out when I get home. Thx.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi Darth Saber,

How about a spy autons that will inform you about enemies location,number of gunship they have weapon (both primary and secondary)shield and armour they use and also about shipwreck that contained valuable goods etc.player can also send it to next system to collect information.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

appleseed wrote:player can also send it to next system to collect information.
Impossible. Time only passes in the system you're in, and ships going through the gate are destroyed.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad