Help with GIMP

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

have you tried to use NoPM="true" ?
like this:
<Image UNID="&rsNavBeacon;" bitmap="NavBeacon.jpg" bitmask="NavBeaconMask.bmp" NoPM="true"/>
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: "Minocs. I've got a baaad feeling about this.... This is no cave!"

digdug wrote:have you tried to use NoPM="true" ?
like this:
<Image UNID="&rsNavBeacon;" bitmap="NavBeacon.jpg" bitmask="NavBeaconMask.bmp" NoPM="true"/>
Nice one, even if you don't remember posting it ;)

This worked, though the image shows up much shorter. It actually fits the ship better shorter.

Thanks!

PK
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

PKodon:

You stated earlier that: "I don't know what the difference is between my images and George's, but there must be some trick I'm missing."

George revealed to me that he used imaging software called: "TrueSpace" to render / create most of the ships and stations in Transcendence. "TrueSpace by Caligari" was purchased by Microsoft and is available for free; I have downloaded the software, am learning to use it, and found it to be excellent. There are many tutorials with video, to teach you how to use it, should you decide to download the software.
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Darth Saber wrote:PKodon:

You stated earlier that: "I don't know what the difference is between my images and George's, but there must be some trick I'm missing."

George revealed to me that he used imaging software called: "TrueSpace" to render / create most of the ships and stations in Transcendence. "TrueSpace by Caligari" was purchased by Microsoft and is available for free; I have downloaded the software, am learning to use it, and found it to be excellent. There are many tutorials with video, to teach you how to use it, should you decide to download the software.
Oh yes, I already have that, but that wasn't the problem I was having. I was trying to get my nozzle images to look right, but no matter what I tried, there was a problem with the way they rendered on the screen. Digdug gound the solution to that little problem, as I thanked him for it above.

Thank you for the reply, thouh.

PK
PKodon
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This time I have help for users of the Gimp....

I had been playing around with building HUD images for the FalconCV mod, and had this file with all kinds of layers for building shield and armor hud graphics. I had already done a lot of work when I decided to share it with the community. After I uploaded it to Xelerus, I was directed to Bobby's Photoshop file.

Well, most of what was in Bobby's file I had already duplicated or gone beyond, but his file still had a few tricks up it's sleeve. Those got added to my Gimp file, and then some other ideas got added as well. So, without too much fanfare, if you need to build a HUD display for armor or shields, and you use either the Gimp or Photoshop, or something that can load either of those file formats, check out the following link:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=634

PK