|¯|-|maN |-|@x

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Fake Papers Mod v2
A expencive illegal rom that clears your record of wrong doing.
Class 1 deflector hack
"A crack of the standard class 1 deflector. This is not intended to fight against corporate cruisers use in that way is not supported by |¯|-|maN. For entertainment purposes only if the class 1 deflector becomes available in your area please support the manufacturer buy buying it."
Back Alleyv2
There is a guy selling weird things out in the back alley behind my house. (random weapon, shield, or reactor merchant basically but saying that is not fun). Now with reactor enhancing fun.
Last edited by Betelgeuse on Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
Crying is not a proper retort!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Yay! He's back in the business!

The mod sounds cool. I'll try it out sometime :)
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

thanks made a new one (see first post)
I do like the idea of |¯|-|maN so you might be seeing more of him. 8)
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Lol....it's gonna be annoying to type that company(?) name :P

How do you do that ¯ line? (without copying and pasting, obviously)
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

its ansi 175 (not sure how you type it I just use a thing that allows me to get those easily.
I do have a fun mod planned. A back ally dealer. You will never know what you are buying. :lol: "its Z-ray, like x-ray but two better"
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

would you pay 5000 credits for a random weapon? How much for a random shield? Or a random reactor?
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

At what point in the game?
I always end up at some point where credits expenditure is irrelevant, somewhere around Sanctuary or so. So 5000 credits is nothing then.
Early on... only if there was a decent chance of getting something good out of the risk.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

early in the game. Plus it would be a good credit sink trying to get some good things (not hard to get good things but you have to be carefull of over reaching).
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How early?
There is a lot of stuff to buy at the beginning, but reactor upgrades is one of them, so if there was a chance of getting a 100MW for 5,000 credits, it might be worth the risk.
Weapons and shields are along the same line. If there was a reasonable chance of getting a really good bargain, I'd probably go for it. :P
"War is hell."
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well what is the most useless station in the game. Thats where I am putting it (that also says how early you can get to it). It might need some rebalancing (the chances of getting x or maybe the price) but I will worry about that when people try it out.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well here it is (see first post)
I made it so there is a risk of something going wrong if you are not prepared (kind of like the restaurant)
I am not sure about the prices and percents yet so please give me feedback if you think it is too cheap too expensive or to overpowered.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Got it. Not sure when I can play, next few days I hope. :o
Will post some feedback for you when I've used it for a while.
"War is hell."
OddBob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I am not sure about the prices and percents yet so please give me feedback if you think it is too cheap too expensive or to overpowered.
The reactors are too cheap. You can sell the 50MW for the price you got it for any anything else is very profitable since they give you back both your old reactor and the new one. If you have even 100,000 credits, you're almost guaranteed at least a half-price 250MW, if not a really cheap Hyperion by trying again until you get it. That's if you have to use all 100,000 of it.

If you upped the price to 20,000, then the 250 and above would be the only ones you could sell for profit. Perhaps you could also include devices or something, so there is a possibility of getting something like a solar panel or laser collimator, just because there are so few reactors.

Also, they don't keep your old one, so you can just sell the new one and put it back in if the new one is worse.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

updated the back alley mod now getting a new reactor costs more and doesn't give your old reactor back (well to tell the truth I wouldn't be keeping any spare reactors in there when you use this place :D). It also has a chance of damaging or repairing your current reactor. (there are other risks but I am sure you will find them and then find ways around them, thats whats fun)