acivating mods

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i have downloaded some mods and extracted them into my transandance file yet i see no differance!

can i get some help on activating or even making my own mods
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

making your own mods? now thats my area of expertise!
ask me! ask me!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

To make an extension/mod work, you need to place the xml (and graphics, if required) into a folder named Extensions where you Transcendence.exe is. If you find problems with the mod, you should take the time to tell author of the mod, along with a either copy of your debug file and/or a screenshot of the error message.

As for learning to make mods, there are a number of people including me and Evilbob who would love to teach you.

I don't know exactly where you've downloaded your mods, but there are a number of places where you can download them. All of my mods are in various topics on the UTF (Unofficial Transcendence Forums), here on the OTF, and at the new modsite.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

join me, young section6. you wiil become my paddywan, and we will rule the modiverse!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

No, join me and become my Padawan (it's an "A"!), for I have already taught a number of people to mod, who have gone on to do pretty decent mods!

On second thoughts, i'll give Evilbob a chance at building the spark of modding.
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

mwahahaha! I know what I said! he/she/it will become my paddywan!
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yugimotomanager wrote:No, join me and become my Padawan (it's an "A"!), for I have already taught a number of people to mod, who have gone on to do pretty decent mods!

On second thoughts, i'll give Evilbob a chance at building the spark of modding.
evilbob wrote:join me, young section6. you wiil become my paddywan, and we will rule the modiverse!
Hey you too! You could write some tutorials about modding (I could publish them then on xelerus ;) in a new section)
evilbob
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

bimbel wrote:
Hey you too! You could write some tutorials about modding (I could publish them then on xelerus ;) in a new section)
Hmmm... I might do that sometime
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I'll do it now, to make me look good and annoy you ;)
bimbel
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

And there the competition 'I am a better modder than YOU' starts ^^

*turns on Carl Orff with 'Carmina Burana' for the dramatic effect* ;)
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bimbel, maybe you could make a Modding Guides category along with the Weapons and Armor categories, so many of us can make modding guides?
If possible, have the highest-rated ones at the top, or the ones with the most downloads.
You could also make a whole new section devoted to modding guides, and each guide is on a page, and is also downloadable?

I've made a short guide on how to use mods, next on my list is on making a basic item.
bimbel wrote:And there the competition 'I am a better modder than YOU' starts ^^
Lol!
I don't really know who's a better modder, but i've definetely made more. I think we should get the users of our mods to decide.
To be honest, I believe Betelgeuse is the best modder.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

heh thanks Yugimotomanager, I think that people think that only because I have coding experience and that I tend to do more complex mods (like my network mods and my back alley mod, lots of people already do the other types of mods)
Once the network gets separated from the main I do plain on remaking my networks. (hopefully truly random network names can be in by then 8) )
Crying is not a proper retort!
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

i still cant get them to work

i have the file "extensions" and i have my mod extracted files in it and it wont work