Need feedback on mah mod.

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=819

I'm sick of spamming the IRC trying to find someone who actually plays this game, so I'mma start a thread.

I'm trying to make this thing relatively balanced. Anyone have suggestions?
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I know how you feel. I'll check it out later today. :)
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It is now tomorrow.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

schilcote wrote:It is now tomorrow.
no it is still today, tomorrow it will be tomorrow
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No, tomorrow it will be today....

So..today's tomorrow, but tomorrow's today. But Today's today. No, today's tomorrow. But tomorrow, as stated prior, is today. But YESTERDAY was today as well......so yesterday's tomorrow as well? But that would mean that tomorrow is yesterday.....

Ok, now it all makes sense to me.

Sorry Shil, I had an interview rescheduled and had to prepare for it (it's for a scholarship I'm trying quite hard to get, so I had to get off the comp and get ready for it). Downloading it now. :)

Edit:

Ok, just tried it out, and I got an error when I used an armor enhancer.

"Integer expected: () ###(objFireEvent auton "Upgrade Auton")###"

Continuing to play around with it. Apart from that, it's looking pretty good.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

having played with it a bit more:

The agility of the shots is a little high, as is the speed and agility on the auton. Everything works, it just needs to be slower. That goes for armor repair as well. At present it's just way too good for a level 5 auton.

But it's a sweet auton all the same. :D
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:having played with it a bit more:

The agility of the shots is a little high, as is the speed and agility on the auton. Everything works, it just needs to be slower. That goes for armor repair as well. At present it's just way too good for a level 5 auton.

But it's a sweet auton all the same. :D
Yeah. The idea is that you buy it around St. K's and take it with you all the way to the Core. So, make the shots less track-y and the auton slower?

EDIT:

As for the armor repair, it's supposed to be very hard to kill. It's really good at fighting one-on-one, but not so good when faced with three or four enemies at once.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yeah, less tracky, and a little less hornet-like.

For the difficulty of killing, I'd buff the armor HP or shielding, and slow down the repair.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:yeah, less tracky, and a little less hornet-like.
Hmmm... I'll do that. I'll leave it as it is for the higher upgrade levels though, it tends to hit everything but the target if it doesn't track like that.
For the difficulty of killing, I'd buff the armor HP or shielding, and slow down the repair.
I dunno, it seems to work quite well as it is. I'll turn it down a little bit, maybe cut the repair speed in half. Or maybe make it repair faster when the auton isn't in combat.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

schilcote wrote:I'm sick of spamming the IRC trying to find someone who actually plays this game, so I'mma start a thread.
I tried the IRC once, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Most of the conversations aren't even Trans-related anyway.

The forum is a much better place to discuss Transcendence.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

We do have plenty of on topic discussions, you just need to spend more time on irc to catch them, or initiate them yourself. That said, the forums are also a nice place :)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Timezones is the major issue in IRC, for me at least.

That said, it's the only way to get real-time help with a problem, so it's really valuable.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Bumping thread due to update.

I've re-nerfed the main gun and the patcher (though I may nerf it again pending more testing) and also added a system to repair friendly ships (which may also need some balancing, perhaps disabling it while in combat).

I'm also still trying to figure out how to make modules install without the aid of a targeting system.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

schilcote wrote:http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=819

I'm sick of spamming the IRC trying to find someone who actually plays this game, so I'mma start a thread.

I'm trying to make this thing relatively balanced. Anyone have suggestions?
@schilcote - Sick of spamming IRC? You get on IRC for such a short time, and when I'm downloading and trying to play it its hard to respond to you. :) Stick around longer.
@ThePrivateer - Generally we talk a lot about transcendence, just that in certain hours there is less conversations due to timezone and if you really feel that way, come help make it a place more about Transcendence. :)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Been playing through the game with the Stauton, and I really feel I got the balance perfect this time. At least for the weapon. I'll definitely have to nerf the repair module a bit.