upgrade systems

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
quils3
Miner
Miner

I want to create a mod with an upgrading system. I need some code for an a balanced system that works. As the reward to the most balanced upgrading system I'll give credit. to be specific the system should upgrade the items like Armour, weapons, and shields, ect.. without having to buy, unless you add code to make the item common.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

[moved to shipyards]

script request (or general modding) goes to "Shipyards", when you have a project, post it in "drawing boards" or if it's done, post it in "mod announcements"
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

quils3 wrote:I want to create a mod with an upgrading system. I need some code for an a balanced system that works. As the reward to the most balanced upgrading system I'll give credit. to be specific the system should upgrade the items like Armour, weapons, and shields, ect.. without having to buy, unless you add code to make the item common.
My take on your request is that you want an enhancement code : depending on what kind you want: you can get the xml resources for your version from http://xelerus.de : Inside " Useful Items " you will find enhancement codes : with Notepad++ ( free ) you can work with the codes in the "Transcendence.tdb" file on your computer : open it: copy ( select all: copy ) it to a new pane ( tab ) then close out the original so there is no chance you might mess it up and have to replace it.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..