Mod a mod

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
mtirchick
Anarchist
Anarchist

I hope it's okay if I modify some mods that I downloaded...the purpose being is to enhance gameplay(at least in my view), and to slowly get into modding...
New things interest me.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

That should be no problem if you are modding for your self, if you are going to post it on xelerus, them you have to ask permission to use the code from the respective modders.
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

"Developers vault" is a category of mods created for posting examples for new modders.
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mods&c=Developers%20Vault

If you are going to post a mod on xelerus, it's a matter of netiquette to ask permission to use a mod (or part of it) to the respective owner.

Some mods are there just to be reused, like DSF or other functions mods, but usually it's clearly written on the description of the mod that the specific mod is available to be used by other modders.

I thereby allow the use of any of my mods or part of them to create new mods, as soon as you thank me in the description of the new mod :D It's not much, compared to more recent awesome modders, but I hope you are going to have fun modding!
Also, if you are going to release mods, you must register a UNID for yourself.
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... ?f=5&t=959
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

same with me,that is when i post some, but please just put my name in your credits when you do.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Feel free to use any of my stuff as long as you give me credit for what is mine. Probably the best way to mod is to pick apart other mods and find out how they work.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

You can use anything I have done... i don't care about credits.
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

You now what, alterecco is right, when i eventually post some some mods, feel free to use it in what ever manner you want, i also don't care about the credits.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I do that frequently :) I think I have turned all my mods into unique RPC-only versions.
To reiterate what has been said before: go ahead and use my mods as well, I have also added a framework in Dynamic Systems V3 for anybody else who wants to wants to code some retaliation events :D
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Drako Slyith wrote:Feel free to use any of my stuff as long as you give me credit for what is mine. Probably the best way to mod is to pick apart other mods and find out how they work.
I go through other mods looking for working examples of what I want.....if I do not find one I take the closest items and piece something together ( results vary but I usually end up with " Progress" ( meaning I crash the game ) )

but yes, this is the way to go:) many Mods that actually work are from a library of the Great Mod Makers and an invaluable teaching tool.

(Credit RPC,digdug, all members of the forum and mod makers for educating me on how to blow myself up repetitiously )
Also: I do not require credits, if anything in a .xml I publish is used by others, I rather it be used to the player's entertainment , that is why it is out there. besides, I am egotistical enough.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..