1.07a : radiation Question

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have used radiation immune armor : docked at radioactive wrecks : that is fine :
HOWEVER, a custom ship with the SAME armor was found wrecked and Radioactive.
( i have since added [ radioactiveWreck= "true" ] to cover this and at least be sure all the wrecks are uniform )

I do not understand this strange event : I would assume that radiation immune armor on a ship would keep it from being radioactive even if killed by a Sapien.....but Am I wrong to have assumed this or might there be something important to the game found in this event?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

When systems are created there are wrecks scattered about, just to make things look like the system has been around for a bit. They're also used for base stations of things like Salvagers. Each wreck created has a small chance to be radioactive, regardless of armor.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Well.....that makes perfect sense and I TRIED to explain it away first but failed .....
i CAN account for some radioactive wrecks because the ships are not immune : but immune armored ships often go radioactive IF there are elements in the system that either are or use radioactive effects ( like Sapiens ).

**** I will not tell why I just did not try a different Armor on that ship.it is part of the Adventure Scheme .

[And..]
However : I have since been driven nuts trying to explain it away : failed : so now they do not leave wrecks :
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Perhaps the hull was breached and everything inside the ship was irradiated?
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Yama
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: in the apprenticeship program at a Tinker station....

PM wrote:Perhaps the hull was breached and everything inside the ship was irradiated?
Maybe some bright fellow opened a barrel of radioactive waste inside the ship, rather than applying it to the armor? :lol:
"A good ship should not look like a plumber's nightmare."
- Atarlost
Empty
Anarchist
Anarchist

On the other hand it's very likely that a ship is not completely covered in armor, that prevents the ship to get irradiated. Small leaks due to combat or collisions from other objects and so on. It's very probably too, that the ship floats long enough in space to get irradiated by the environment of the current system, but that would would include factors of the very specific system, mostly the sun.

Hope that helped.