<OnDamageArmor>

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Ok, does <OnDamageArmor> only work for items? I wanted to update my Visible Damage mod by having an effect that shows armor pieces breaking off, but I have no clue what event to use. From what I gather, <OnDamageArmor> only works for <ItemType>, so I can't use it in an event handler.

Also, on another, semi-related note, do stations also have an event that triggers when their armor gets hit? If either of these things don't exist I'm willing to make a ticket for each of them.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I know that there is an event you can call, since I've used it before. I think it's <OnArmorDamaged> but I'm not sure.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I would use an overlay placed on each armor segment and use the <onDamage> event.
The other option would be to add the <onDamage> event to the armor segs themselves (if its a special property of a specific kind of armor only!) Otherwise you would have to add it to ALL armor segs and it wouldnt be compatible with modded armor.
The <onDamageArmor> is only applicable to weapons when they are dealing damage TO an armor seg.

Stations do have an <onDamage> event.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

<OnDamageArmor>, <OnDamageOverlay> and <OnDamageShields> are events for weapon devices. They are triggered when a weapon with one of these event will hit an armor, overlay or shield respectively.

then there are: <OnShieldDamage> and <OnArmorDamage> are events for a shield device or for an armor segment. They will trigger when a shield or an armor segment is hit by a projectile.

similar names, but very different events :D