Smart Cannon Rounds :

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was Hoping that the lower priced items like the Cannon rounds would have been increased for the player's ability to sell of excessive amounts of recovered currently low priced items : personally I had taken to pushing the Smart cannon Rounds up to 25 and 27 : there are so many in the early systems available that they are hard to sell as it is , but the price increase does help the player unload them and still ( cheap Comonwealth Sales Droids.. ) get something for them.

But I do not know how or if any other pricing are adjusted yet: I just finished off the games i had going and started 1.08.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Smartcannons are really great early/early-mid game because of their excessive homing capabilities. they're especially great for getting Sung Slave Satellites with minimal cost and effort and maximum slave pen survivability. Give it a try.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

So Shane Smartcannon rounds are actually resellable now? :?:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

erik dela cruz wrote:So Shane Smartcannon rounds are actually resellable now? :?:
Negative, Captain.
I did the post because every other way of trying to express the need to increase the price of such items as Smart Cannon Rounds and small Armor repair units due to the prevalence in the early game of these items to be commercially usable to the player just goes straight under the bridge and nobody stops to think " long term " , you do not want these items to become rejected by the player because they can not sell them : your games will have cargo boxes full of stuff you can not sell in many systems.... : you kill stations for loot : not because they are red.... If it was a matter of Reds, you take out the ships and let the stations live so you can kill more ships.

Taking out stations and getting more items then you require or items your not going to use : I personally do not use the Smart Cannon, so the rounds are a pain to offload for me : however, if they were higher priced, stations are more inclined to buy them.
As for the small armor repair: I think the sell price you get is far too low considering what the station is going to resell it for : so that is why I say it should be higher.....

Recycling plants, furnaces , etc.....ore smelters.....and revised tinkers..... these are exactly in response to a lacking of taking issues seriously enough for the player's commercial interest in the game, the reason these things were made are driven by the very inspiration for Erik to ask for Smart Cannon Rounds to be addressed in the past and why I took to increasing their price in my past works ( because Erik is right ).
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... nds#p43295
http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... nds#p41824

So, I would have thought that after all the tinkering and code talking and pretty effects in 1.08 : SOMEBODY might have thought about the conversations that repeat themselves : pricing and availability : Smart Cannon Rounds ( price ) and the Stiletto missiles ( availability : 15 in Eridani randomly is less then hoped for when you do not have a targeting ROM and they are your best defense( so maybe 45 would lessen the emotional impact when you go to restock your ship :) ( or that could be just me )).

I am axctually cold: my keyboard is stiff-keys with the cold in here but I think you get what I am trying to say......
I hoped for a little bit more item adjustment in 1.08. But I am enjoying the effects :)

p.s.: this ship is based in Alaska : America's Biggest Playground :) and It Is Freezing in here ! :)

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Smartcannon rounds get used up fast so they have to be dirt cheap. Making them sell for 1 credit would require at least doubling they purchase price.

If you don't use a smartcannon don't loot them, but don't ruin the smartcannon ammo pricing for those of us who do use it from time to time.
Literally is the new Figuratively
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:Smartcannon rounds get used up fast so they have to be dirt cheap. Making them sell for 1 credit would require at least doubling they purchase price.

If you don't use a smartcannon don't loot them, but don't ruin the smartcannon ammo pricing for those of us who do use it from time to time.
If you are using the Smart Cannon ( and I did on occasions : I just do not do it anymore ) the issue is NOT buying the rounds : it is selling them : once you have the weapon you virtually have Ammo everyplace that holds goodies. So the buying of the item is not as important as the looting / commerce value to the player.

However you do bring up a great point in the manner that you do use then rather fast ( which is why I always thought that was exactly the reason they are " everywhere" : but your right : the hit and damage on them might be addressed as for how many does it take to get the center of a tootsie frigate.....

( Poetic rant follows : strap on the helmets )
I KNOW ......oh do I know.....that the Command is resistant to change in the universe unless it becomes their idea. The year is WHAT?
( like the alternative language / translation questions that were " poo poo " until taken up by others then suddenly it was worth talking about...... but we know where that went..... the year is what? ...... English is only the gaming language of English literate : you did know this game has several language explicit players / web portals where they communicate : but nothing official being as ...the year is what? )

I am NOT the only one that brang up the subject of commerce / trade and Smart Cannon Rounds :
it is a repeating conversation in the forums and by saying that I am out to ruin something is totally asking for me to whip your high score with a two segment armored ship......and I can because I built several and fly them like a Wolfen chasin Wabbits.

EDIT : Maybe not tonight : My Borer Miner needed a little tweaking .... I got it together now :)
oh.. did I say I could beat you in a Miner ? .. What you got a GunShip? so last Century.....
LOL

Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

i'm not saying they shouldn't be still sellable- forced min. value of 1 credit, for example. But they shouldn't be massively marketable like you're suggesting. 25/27 credits per shot when you're carrying 1000's of shots around is just ridiculous levels of credits esp. from ammo alone.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Atarlost wrote:Smartcannon rounds get used up fast so they have to be dirt cheap. Making them sell for 1 credit would require at least doubling they purchase price.

Geez, all i wanted is for Smart rounds not to go to waste. :roll:
I never thought economics or commerce is a big deal. :roll:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It IS a big deal because the " bigger picture" of the universe is involved : and while I KNOW I am NOT EXACTLY RIGHT :
the point was to get the discussion going and hopefully get more input on the topic .
And while in my past .xml I have gone over 20 on the Rounds: I NEVER had to buy them because they were always available as loot : and I usually had other weapons on the ship ( i did like the Smart Cannon for Himal Interceptors and Hornets attacking )

Smart Cannon Rounds are more a point, yes, but there could be other items players have input about as well......

* Notin Personal, Captain......... Just got to Fly when ya can ( ? drunk co pilots......?)

Ok I got to get my Miner out of dry dock and get up a score for 1.08 :)