Crafting tinker items in batches?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm trying to add some new tinker recipes in SM&M++. Unfortunately, the vanilla system doesn't seem designed to handle making more than one item as the product of a recipe (Eg: 10 KM100s + 1 barrel radioactive waste ---> 10 XM300s). Because my ingredients are quite heavy, this is something of a problem.....is there an undocumented way to squeeze this out of the existing tinker system, or will I need to scrap the idea for now and put up a ticket on multiverse?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

A possible workaround that I know could work would be the creation of an ammo container like the ones found as loot. This could get annoying to carry out multiple times, however, so I'd suggest opening a ticket unless someone else finds a less sketchy solution. A virtual item that immediately turns itself into 10 KM300s could work better for the player, at least temporarily.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It would require some rewriting of the tinker scripts, but I don't think it would be all that difficult.
Just check if a multiple of each required items is available and run a loop for the number of required items times?
I think a single new pane could do the trick, not unlike buying multiple items.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de