system list in dockscreen help please

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Seeing Betel's broken Storage Station mod on xelerus, I thought I would get in totally over my head and have a go at fixing, updating and expanding it.

My ideas are to have a station where you can store items safe from Scumbag Nomads and also have freighters transfer your items between systems for you (similar to Corp Trader orders).

All going well so far (eye roll) except I'm trying to get a list of systems in the dockscreen that have a storage station in them.

I've found the code in GodMod, Godmode and ShipLog which generates the starsystem list (something to do with sysGetNodes or cl GetData 'nodelist?) but can't seem to work out how to put it into a dockscreen format (plus I really don't understand it). I also don't know how to use a modifier to select only systems with a storage station in them. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

A rough outline is: you dock with the station, select "Transfer Items Out" and then select a destination system. Once you've done that you select the items you want to ship to that system.

Thanks already to AssumedPseudonym for FunctionHelp in AE Utility Pack. Very, very helpful. Also PM and TVR because I've been crawling through your code trying to understand things. TranscendentGeek and Periculi for tutorials. And George for writing such clear code. The Corp Trader code in CorporateHierarchy.xml is excellent and very understandable.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

This is a bit of a necro post, but I know someone who's trying to do something similar. He ended up looking at the code for RPC's custom autopilot device:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1017
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks. I'll check that mod out. More examples always makes it easier. After battling away at this for a while I put it on the backburner until NMS and JBW helped in another topic. http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7674 The code there gives the same result; a partial system list. It uses 'map' instead of 'enum, list and append'. Much easier.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Glad you were able to get the help you needed. Are you still working on the storage station mod, or is the code intended for a different mod now?
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RL is getting in the way a lot lately :( . I've still got the Storage Station mod partly done, just haven't got time to work on it ATM. I'm also working on a mod to add new ROMs to Korolov stations. I'm using the 'map' code in that as well.