Help with uninstallable weapon

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I realize I'm spamming a bit, but how can I make a weapon which is uninstallable? I know I need to use the <CanBeUninstalled> event, but I'm not sure what to put in it.

Code: Select all

<CanBeUninstalled>
???
</CanBeUninstalled>
Thanks!
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
Why must I keep running into that wall, impossibility?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’m guessing you mean un-uninstallable? As in, once it’s on, you can’t take it off? It goes in <Events>. It’s been a while since I’ve really looked at it after having complained about it and the pointing out that there was a way to bypass it back around, oh, 1.2 or so, before it all got fixed, but I think something as simple as <CanBeUninstalled>"This weapon cannot be uninstalled."</CanBeUninstalled> is sufficient to make a weapon not uninstallable.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Also, if I create a ship with graphics 96 x 96, is there any way to tell the game 'make it show up half that size' or something like that? And for weapon sound effects, how can I make them quieter? So that I don't have loud and obnoxious missile noises all the time

Thanks!
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thank you AssumedPseudonym!
---
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

There are no scaling options for graphics or volume control options for sound effects in Transcendence at this time, unfortunately. You’d have to modify both and implement them as a mod.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Very disappointing, but thanks for the help and quick replies.
---
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Peter wrote:Also, if I create a ship with graphics 96 x 96, is there any way to tell the game 'make it show up half that size' or something like that? And for weapon sound effects, how can I make them quieter? So that I don't have loud and obnoxious missile noises all the time

Thanks!
AssumedPseudonym wrote: There are no scaling options for graphics or volume control options for sound effects in Transcendence at this time, unfortunately. You’d have to modify both and implement them as a mod.
The answer to the Image question may lie in PM's magical Genius

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1519

However, as for sounds : A) you can try different sounds : http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod_searc ... =3&sortb=1

or create your own!! :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The answer to the Image question may lie in PM's magical Genius

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1519

However, as for sounds : A) you can try different sounds : http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod_searc ... =3&sortb=1

or create your own!! :)
I'll give that a try, thanks :)

For sounds I'll definitely create my own... once I stop being lazy.
---
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Being Lazy is an Art......if anybody complains Just tell them your a struggling Artist trying to get your groove back :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Being Lazy is an Art......if anybody complains Just tell them your a struggling Artist trying to get your groove back :)
I'm a struggling Artist trying to get my groove back.
---