A petition to All Citizens of the Commonwealth

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

From Destroyer to Cruiser changes:

The alterations of the naming for the Aquila & Heliotrope Destroyers , reducing them to Cruisers are an Insult to these Mighty ships of Yesteryear .

True, the new damage system and super Nerfs that make the Himal Refuge harder to crack then a Charon Stronghold have turned many weapons to little more then sticks and rocks :

I feel the demotion of the Destroyers to the Cruisers Classification is further proof that the Zoanthrope clerks at Fleet HQ are involved in a Web of conspiracy to demoralize the troops of the Commonwealth.

I want to ask the Players of the Universe to petition the Fleet Command to restore the Glory of the Commonwealth and the remaining pride to the shattered Heliotrope Fleets by returning the Destroyers to their original name !!
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Actually, the Heliotrope destroyer was reclassified as a frigate, and not unjustly so. If anything, I probably would have gone a step further and called it a monitor or a corvette, myself — that single spinal mount weapon is a lot closer to an ultra-heavy ship than a capital ship. Frigate is pushing things, if you ask me, and destroyer is definitely overstating things.
 The change from destroyer to cruiser for the Aquila is actually an upgrade, though, not a downgrade. I don’t foresee any significant morale issues from Commonwealth Fleet personnel over the reclassification of the Aquila. ^.~

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Blasted away AGAIN!!

No, actually I was searching the old version .xml and the Aquila was a Cruiser,
how I got "Destroyer" is unknown... maybe in ONE version it was, but most of what I seen so far says only the Heliotrope is altered..

It is great that somebody gave an opinion on the subject : And I understand your point completely.

And what started that was the New firing of the SunFlare coming out the side instead of the front.
( the weapon is centered and the weapon shot starts so early in the ship it just looked completely wrong )

I took it to task to try to find the weapon position and reset it, but I have not found any such measurements for the gun mount :(

I am trying to play with another ship then I will try to tackle the Heliotrope to get the gun back to firing out the nose instead of the belly ..

** It's not a Corporate Cruiser, but I think I can find the hatch ...

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Aaaaaaaaaaaand Fixed IT !!!!!