list forming query

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm working on a mod which, among other things, produces a data rom with a list of all systems which have Korolov stations in them.

I can do this by using

(unvFindObj "t +korolovShipping;")

which will give me a list of sets of 5 entries (call it korolovNodeList for example)

({objID} {type} {nodeID} {objName} {objNameFlags})

I think using (@ korolovNodeList 2) will select the nodeID but I can't work out how to use enum and list and lnkAppend with it to turn it into a list of system names for display in the data ROM.

Usually I find examples in the mods or code and study them but unvFindObj isn't that common and similar examples I've found are too complex for me to decipher. And the xelerus function explanations aren't very good for these functions.

Has anyone got the time to do a post to explain what the code is and what its doing? Or point me to some code that does this (simple stuff, please) so I can work it out?
I wouldn't mind actual code here for once, but any help is greatly appreciated. This has been holding me up for months.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Just call sysGetName on the node ID - that method will return the system name. I think that's the only part that you're missing.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I haven't tested it, but try something like this:

Code: Select all

(enum (unvFindObj "t +korolovShipping;") theEntry
     (setq listOfSystems (append listOfSystems (sysGetName (@ theEntry 2))))
)
Edit: or

Code: Select all

(map (unvFindObj "t +korolovShipping;") theEntry
     (sysGetName (@ theEntry 2))
)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Success! :D

Many thanks. The 'map' example worked perfectly. And is very easy to understand.
All I had to do then was spend hours working out that 'cat' doesn't like lists. :lol:

Thanks again. This was also exactly what I needed for the other mod.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!