New " effects " they said..."great explosions" they said..

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

well, they just blew a Xenophobe Ark to smithereens because KM500 Missiles surely didn't do it.

yes, I was packing KM500 in Heretic ... I like them.

most of these new explosions are way ahead of their time :

I have to add the top level explosions to my extension's Nerf - I already got rid of or Nerfed the changes that just made no sense or looked totally insane - a ship's blast that takes out 4 ships and station? seriously???

The Xenophobe Ark went from an "&vtThermoExplosion2;"( 1.01 ) to a "&vtThermoExplosion4;" :
there was no need to double the explosion and kill everybody, Possibly including the Player
(whom has to get close in some games depending on the weapon they use )

and without that Ark I got a ton of ships to kill to get that last ROM.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sun May 01, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Who are "they"?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

TheLoneWolf wrote:Who are "they"?
the tiny Aliens that live inside the Explosion factories that make the BOOM!
when we blow things up :)

I edited the Ark to go along with several other ships that had outrageously dangerous explosions on them.....set them back to the way they were instead of this current version ... the place was looking like January nights in Alaska

(Incidentally, when that Ark blew up it took out 3 Defenders + a bunch of fighters that had come in close - I was using a custom shield that I wanted to try out otherwise I would have been toasted too. )

JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So the Ark's explosion destroyed its wreck? The ICS used to have the same problem, which was fixed by giving the wreck health a much needed buff.

As far as the explosion taking out 3 defenders goes, those things are in major need of a buff regardless. Since they were first created, the ships they typically fight and the ships they typically support have all gotten far tougher, but the only change they've received is an increase in size.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JohnBWatson wrote:So the Ark's explosion destroyed its wreck? The ICS used to have the same problem, which was fixed by giving the wreck health a much needed buff.

As far as the explosion taking out 3 defenders goes, those things are in major need of a buff regardless. Since they were first created, the ships they typically fight and the ships they typically support have all gotten far tougher, but the only change they've received is an increase in size.
Negative, Captain. the explosion of the Ark used to be a ThermoExplosion 2 and now it's at 4 : the most deadliest in all the versions : except now we have Plasma explosions which are far ahead of themselves because they belong in Part 2.0 not a first series game where the player can barely withstand the force on their shields of the average explosions.

these effects need to be seriously taken in to the Principle's office and given a paddle because they are too bully-ish for the school of Domina, when that school doesn't provide them the tools they need to address these seriously dangerous explosions in the first place.

which is why I Nerfed them in MoD ( posted for download now ) while still dangerous explosions, you should be more concerned about the ship being alive then when it explodes :)