Ionization damage

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How to adding weapon effect like Ion disuptor and then can doing a continous damage like pteravore weapon?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ion disruptor effect is hard-coded. We can't add a new 'effect' along those lines without a great deal of jury - rigging. (If you meant that you wanted to add the *same* effect, just give the weapon the device damage attribute).

The petravores work through an overlay. Look at the virtual weapon that spawns them(it's on the petravore lair, in the encountersVol01 file) to see how that works.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:Ion disruptor effect is hard-coded. We can't add a new 'effect' along those lines without a great deal of jury - rigging. (If you meant that you wanted to add the *same* effect, just give the weapon the device damage attribute).

The petravores work through an overlay. Look at the virtual weapon that spawns them(it's on the petravore lair, in the encountersVol01 file) to see how that works.
I see, and I tried it. But it's still very hard, maybe I may find the answer later.
Click this link!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Basically, you want to fire an overlay from your weapon : this is not as hard as it sounds.
RPC did this in his Pirates Feature where the pirates fire a drilling device onto your hull to
steal your goodies.

And, of course we have the Pteravore Launcher

The Pteravore Launcher is Missile Launcher : Pteravores are Missiles
( which is why you can defeat an attack using an Anti Missile system)

Both of the examples of weapons : from the Pirates to the Pteravores are basically
using Missiles .

I do not know exactly what kind of weapon you are thinking of, but the path of least resistance
would recommend a missile system.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

shanejfilomena wrote:Basically, you want to fire an overlay from your weapon : this is not as hard as it sounds.
RPC did this in his Pirates Feature where the pirates fire a drilling device onto your hull to
steal your goodies.

And, of course we have the Pteravore Launcher

The Pteravore Launcher is Missile Launcher : Pteravores are Missiles
( which is why you can defeat an attack using an Anti Missile system)

Both of the examples of weapons : from the Pirates to the Pteravores are basically
using Missiles .

I do not know exactly what kind of weapon you are thinking of, but the path of least resistance
would recommend a missile system.
Actually I'm done making that weapon. A beam type weapon that have same effect as pretavores. But it leave me a problem, how to make it have ion effect like EMP does?
Click this link!