General Station Reference (in progress)

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Everyone -
I don't know how useful this will be, but I was trying to figure out how to build a station, and I couldn't find a general reference for that.

So far, I only have the top section, ending with 'attributes'. I've gone through both the standard code and some of the extensions to build this list, so there are definitely errors in here.

Hopefully someone else will be able to use it. Either that, or someone will tell me where I can find it already created...

For some reason, we can't attach Excel spreadsheets, so here is the main page.
StationFields_7-17-19.JPG
StationFields_7-17-19.JPG (212.13 KiB) Viewed 8227 times
Balentius
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This is great. Well done. This is the kind of info that needs to be all in one place for new modders to check.

If you stick the Excel file in a compressed folder (.zip), the forum will let you upload it. The forum only handles some file formats.

Can't wait to see it. Excellent work.

PS There is some great info here https://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=72605 (but not stations) and on the wiki. I think there is some station info in the forum Monthly Mod Jam topics too.
I'll search through the info I have collected to see if I can add anything.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Relanat -
Thanks, that link had some interesting information. However, it highlights the reason I was working on this - I can find some of the information I was looking for on there, but definitely not set up in a way that was useful...

And, I appreciate the tip about the file format. File is now attached. As previously mentioned, it needs to be expanded, but I'm hoping that other people can either help with that or point me to other resources that I can use.
Station-Reference.zip
(16.66 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Right now, the main problem I'm having is figuring out the relationships between "level" and "encounter", as well as the "sell" and "trade" sections. I see multiple different ways of using them in the various expansions and in the source, so I've not yet worked out the full system.

Balentius
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Added some station info. Some of it is reasonable speculation marked with a question mark. To be honest I'm not really sure about much at all when it comes to code, if something works when modding that's good. If not, try something else!

For general info, a handy way to find more info is to use the "Find in Files" feature of the XML editing programs like Notepad++, Sublime Text, jEdit, etc.
As an example I knew there were a few more "scale=" choices. So searching for that in 'Transcendence_Source' showed the "star", "world" and "flotsam" values.

George has also included a lot of info in comments in the .xml files. These are usually, but not always, near the top of the .xml files. And there is no order or consistency to it so I recommend if you see useful info, copy it to a text file and put it in a "Useful Info" folder.

digdug has done a changelog. This is a file that contains all the info released with each version. There is a huge amount of info in it. Search the forum for 'changelog' to find it.

And digdug's 'eventsdoc' contains a heap of info on <Events>. Well worth searching for on the forum and constantly referring to.
Attachments
Station-Reference2.zip
(17.9 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks; I found the changelog. So, now I have reading for the next month or two... :)

I also appreciate the changes you made to my spreadsheet. I figured out one or two of them already just by experimentation, but there are others I hadn't gotten to.

Balentius