Dock Screens in Eternity Port extention

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Anyone -
So, I've attached the latest version of my Armstrong Transport mod. It works fine in the Domina mission tree, but there is an oddity in Eternity Port - I can't get the 'standard' dock screens. Instead, it seems to fail back to the older format.

What I see - "Refuel", "Repair or replace armor", "install device", "remove device". And, on the armor screens, it just displays it as a list of the segments, not arranged in any way.

What I'd like would be to have the standard armor, weapons, misc devices display.

I'm not sure what I'm missing...

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Attachments
ArmstrongPlayerShip.zip
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Code: Select all

<TranscendenceExtension UNID="0xDEFAE0000"
    name="Armstrong Transport Player Ship"
    credit="Balentius"
    apiVersion="43"
    version=	"1.0"
>
 Try that, with the apiVersion specified. Didn’t test it (and unfortunately can’t right this very moment), but I remember George’s changes waaay back when to dockscreens were dependent on the apiVersion of the mod, and it’s the first thing I noticed.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

...now the first section (the non-EP version) is breaking when I try and load it in EP.

I'm starting to think that I have to divide this up into 2 separate files; which seems silly.
Balentius
Anarchist
Anarchist

Hah, found it. dockServicesScreen= "&dsRPGDockServices;"

Not sure why I need to add it, even after specifying API 23, but whatever - it works.

Thanks for the pointer - I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Balentius
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Nice work with both playership mods. I did notice the 'wrong' dock service screens coming up but hadn't had a chance to look into it. They are actually the old version of dock services. The current screens are only a relatively recent addition (and they look great and are easier to use).
I'll send you a PM with some more info on setting up an SOTP and EP version of the same ship. I think I've got it worked out, but then I thought I had it worked out the last four times too! It might take a few days though. And eventually I hope to add a tutorial topic on this as well.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The fallback to old docking screen, is present in 1.9 alpha basegame cc and ep.
No idea what the difference is between 1.8 stable to 1.9alpha in this regard tho.