Why won't Renegade appear?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Apparently Xephyr has left so I was looking at patching Renegade for players to use because it is a good mod.
But it won't appear in the extensions list in 1.9b3 for me.
What am I doing wrong? Has there been some change to extensions recently? I can't see anything that should stop it.
The game gives a 'Duplicate UNID' error in the Ren library so it sees the mod, just won't allow it to be loaded.
Any ideas?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

For me it just appears in the list of extensions. I can select it and when I start a game it crashes after the ship selection on creation of the Renegade systems. So I leave it disabled. :(

It really is a good mod with excellent design, and superb ships. Innovative weapons and other items and needing skill to complete. So I might find myself starting up 1.7 to play renegade someday. Or if someone were to update ite it I will enjoy playing it in a newer version.

It is a pity yhat some of the ships do not appear when playing the game, or only in a static role. But you can see them in action in the Georges system....
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks, Ferdinand. I wasn't sure if someone had maybe patched it so it didn't appear since it doesn't work in current versions.

But on doing a bit more searching I found the cause.
It is being blocked from appearing in the extensions list by a line of code in Settings.xml.
There is an <Extensions> section in Settings.xml.
Because I have disabled Renegade from downloading in the Mod Collection the game has added this code to Settings.xml:

Code: Select all

<Option unid="0xa0121999" name="disabled" value="true" />
This is Renegade.
Apparently disabling downloading also stops the extension from appearing in the extensions list. You learn something new every day.
I deleted that line of code and Renegade now appears as usual (but I suspect it will also automatically download again now, not sure).
Thanks for the help.

And yes, I am looking at getting Renegade going for 1.9b3. It is a great mod, Xephyr's graphics are excellent and I really liked the idea behind the mod, a cut-off civilization which developed low level weapons to very high outputs. Clever.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!