Linux XML editor suggestions please.

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Currently still using Notepad++ via WIne in Ubuntu but it is slow and a bit laggy sometimes. It was designed for Windows so I think the transition hasn't helped it.

What program do other Linux users use?
I did try Sublime Text when I was using Windows. I liked it but it had a bug in the bracket matching highlighting which made it useless for modding for me. Maybe there is a a Linux version?
Any other suggestions? Freeware would be good. I don't meed macros or any fancy stuff, just cut and paste and syntax highlighting. TIA.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just use the default text editor, personally — gedit for Ubuntu, xed for Mint — and set the highlight mode to XML. There’s also an option to highlight matching brackets/parentheses in both.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks. But this is Linux so it is never that easy! :D
The gedit I have has very few features, no header bar with "File, Save, etc" and about 4 options to modify it, none of which appear to do anything. :roll:
I did a web search and the features it is supposed to have look good but I have no idea how to access them if they are even included anymore.
Anything Linux sucks up a huge amount of time so I've downloaded Sublime Text again since there is a Linux version. Will see how it goes.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I prefer to use Bluefish editor for coding. Very versatile, many options, supports most coding/scripting languages with syntax highlighting out of the box...
http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html