Selecting EP capital ships.

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Commander's Log mod shows stations and CSCs for the player to refer to.
I would like to also show the capital ships from EP. The APD, etc heavy cruisers and the like.
But I'm not sure of the best way to filter them from every other large ship.
In theory a friendly capital ship minus the freighter attribute might work. Or combined somehow with 'hasDockingPorts. Or maybe cargo space or ship mass.
But I think filtering for ships which give missions would cover it well. Is this possible?
If the code could select CSCs as well that would be handy but not necessary as they are easy to filter.
I would rather not filter for sovereign as the code would be better if it handled ships by specific characteristics. This would allow mod ships of different sovereigns to also be selected.
Any thoughts?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't see any good way to select ships that can give missions. In theory you could search the xml of each ship type with docking ports (and its docking screen if it uses a separate type to define it) for rpgMissionAssignment, if absolutely necessary. But would it work to just use all ships with docking ports? There aren't that many of them and most are mission related.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks. :D I have previously spent hours writing code only to find that there was a function or property that did what I wanted easily. I thought I would check first!

It looks like checking the ShipClass XML attributes for 'dockscreen and not 'character will give a good list as long as cargo autons are excluded. This is all the big dockable ships including CSCs.
Also checking for 'dockscreen and 'character will give a list of Juan Carlos, Strawman, Fiona, etc which I was thinking of including as well. Nice.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!