How do I connect my mods topology to Eternity Port?

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Semesta REBOOT mods can run with EP, but their topology didn't connect with Eternity Port topology. I tried to make a new extension to add connection (and also I starting use libraries stuff), but I kept facing this error. No idea what is what, even debug log doesn't specify which error.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 13062 times
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

0x00200004 is “unidPartISystemMap”. That’s about all I can give you for now — I was just checking the forum before heading for bed — but that should at least give you an idea of where you should start poking at things.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A quick guess is you are trying to add the mod to SOTP, not EP, in your code.

In your mod replace this:

Code: Select all

<SystemMap UNID="&unidPartISystemMap;"
with this:

<SystemMap UNID="&unidTopology;"
This is only a guess, I don't have much to work with.. If that doesn't work, upload your code and I'll have a look.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Updated: See next post!

So, I starting to rework my mod to using their own separate libraries. There are core libraries which contain most of mods content and two optional libraries for SOTP and EP. Each these two libraries contain their own topology to extend from scenario map. SOTP branched outward from Charon to C5 system, while EP only from C5 since Charon don't exist on that scenario. My goal here is to make the mods compatible with other adventure without creating additional extension. SOTP is worked, but EP always give error as mentioned above.
AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:16 am
 0x00200004 is “unidPartISystemMap”. That’s about all I can give you for now — I was just checking the forum before heading for bed — but that should at least give you an idea of where you should start poking at things.
If that so, does it need to declare or whole code need to be placed there? I found it yesterday, but even when I just add UNID, it still didn't work.
Last edited by DigaRW on Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click this link!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Just recently trying to make it work, somehow I found the solution for this part. Though for most part I forgot how did I do it, but basically I moved all anything in optional libraries into mods core libraries. Then I just need declare "unidNearStarsVol01" and add this code on the libraries:

<Library unid="&unidNearStarsVol01;" usage="optional"/>
After that, I create two separate system map codes for both scenario. Each codes have different "extends=" and "displayOn=". For SOTP, I use this code:

<SystemMap UNID="&sm845SemestaSpace;"
			displayOn="&smHumanSpace;"
			extends="&unidPartISystemMap;">
While for EP, I use this code:

<SystemMap UNID="&sm845SemestaEternityPortSpace;"
			displayOn="&smNearStars;"
			extends="&unidNearStarsVol01;">
Also add <Uses unid="&smNearStars;"/> within SystemMap for EP code.

EDIT: Oh wait, now SOTP get same result as EP. Damn! I'm too early to celebrate!

EDIT 2: Alright, this is it! It's worked now. I just have to replaced two UNIDs of "extends=" code above into SOTP and EP adventure UNIDs. Which is should be "unidStarsOfThePilgrim" and "unidExtension". Don't forget with declaring the UNID within library.

Here the result:
1.png
1.png (574.72 KiB) Viewed 13025 times
2.png
2.png (551.53 KiB) Viewed 13025 times
Click this link!