Armor

Freeform discussion about anything related to modding Transcendence.
Maloran
Miner
Miner

I have a question about modding armor.
There is the "armoradj" deal with like 15 numbers after it. I've figured out that they are the resistences, but which are which damage types and what does the number mean? Please help. Thanx!
Even the Dark Side has a shadow
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think you mean "damageAdj".

Each number represents a damage type, which is the following list:
Laser
Kinetic
Particle
Blast
Ion
Thermo
Positron
Plasma
Antimatter
Nano
Graviton
Singularity
Dark Acid
Dark Steel
Dark Lightning
Dark Fire

The first number represents the immunity to laser damage. 0 means that the armor will take 0% of the damage the laser would normally inflict. The same is for 20 which means that the armor will take 20% damage. This goes up infinitely (actually the game has limits), so if you put 120 as the value then you will take an extra 20% of damage to your armor.

Dark Steel, lightning and fire are not yet introduced to the game yet, but Dark Acid is the damage that the Oracus-worshipping stations deal.
:D
Maloran
Miner
Miner

Hey thanx, I was up until 11:00 last night trying to figure that out. This will really help. Now I can move onto weapons, then complete ships. Thanx again!
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Maloran wrote:Hey thanx, I was up until 11:00 last night trying to figure that out. This will really help. Now I can move onto weapons, then complete ships. Thanx again!
Sure thing. If you need any step-by-step help then you can email me or talk to me on MSN Messenger.

It took me ages to figure that out as well. Eventually someone told me.
Maloran
Miner
Miner

I'll email you if I need anymore help. And I can't say thanks enough! I love writing program script and stuff like that. Unfortunatly I don't know how to very well, so I end up editing other people's code. I hate when the stuff is confusing.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Writing code from scratch is always hard if you've just started. It was hard for me too. I've now built a modding company called Fichikai Industries. You can go there (it's on the UTF) by going to http://s8.invisionfree.com/Transcendenc ... topic=1345.

You should start a modding "company", once you're sure you've made good enough mods. They don't even have to be good. My first "official" mod was a crappy little armor mod that was too strong and highly unbalanced :D
Maloran
Miner
Miner

I think I have that one.... Invulnerable to just about everything made by Fiackhi(I'm sure I spelled it wrong.) In fact I copied and pasted it to make my own armor which brought me to this question! LOL! I am already creating a company... a former empire as a mater of fact(My empire on Anacreon btw.) They built a little more balanced armor though... But thanks for writing my mod template!

EDIT: I hate school comps... Stupid internet blocking... I can't get to your thread from here GRRRRRR.....
Last edited by Maloran on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Uh....sure, you're welcome. You spell it Fichikai :wink:

So what are you calling your company/empire?
Maloran
Miner
Miner

The Wylden Empire/Wylden Productiion Co.

I've only made three armors so far... I'm going to wait to get any of them out there until I have more to offer.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Try making a shield. They usually go down pretty well with the mod-using but not making kind of people. :D
Maloran
Miner
Miner

Ok, I'll try that after weapons... I could always use a new sheild.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What time are you? (relative to GMT) I'm GMT here. And it's 9:30pm. Are you genArc on the UTF?
the_holy_thom
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

send them to me if you want them on the mod site. Im finally uploading a few mods this weekend, as well as making some of my own - I handed in three pieces of coursework over the last 2 days, so now I'm free!
Need a mod? Transcendence Mods
Maloran
Miner
Miner

Ya... I live in Utah so whatever time that is that is what time zone I live in... I was at school when I was postn, that.

ONce I have more mods I will email them to you Thom.