Just a random question...

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Charon Mass of Goo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Creating Inappropriate "Signature Dialouge" since yestermorrow!

I was just looking over the memberlist to find myself... and I noticed that there are a bunch of names... like ULTRAMADOL or something... it's "Location" is:
"BUY ONLINE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION TRAMADOL / ULTRAM TRAMADOL - 100 for $39!"

Why doesn't somebody do anything about these people/bots... I mean seriously, they are just spammers... or something. And don't expect me to reply to any replies, I'll probly forget about this topic within... five seconds from when I press the Submit Button...
Charon Fizz-Soda! It's Red! It tastes like Awesomness! AND PIRATES MADE IT! Better than Eridani Mineral Water too!
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Charon Mass of Goo wrote:I was just looking over the memberlist to find myself... and I noticed that there are a bunch of names... like ULTRAMADOL or something... it's "Location" is:
"BUY ONLINE WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION TRAMADOL / ULTRAM TRAMADOL - 100 for $39!"

Why doesn't somebody do anything about these people/bots... I mean seriously, they are just spammers... or something. And don't expect me to reply to any replies, I'll probly forget about this topic within... five seconds from when I press the Submit Button...

Really? Well, at least there has been no spam. Or at least it hasen't been seen. :)
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mostly because they're tenacious little beasties.

Over at the UTF I've had to enable validation of member accounts, and request people send me an email to let me know that yes, in fact, they are a real person. Before that I or one of the other moderators would be deleting at least one spam thread and member a day.

There are ways to get rid of them, but they don't all work perfectly. And you have to have a fairly good knowledge of the way your forum software works.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fossaman wrote:Mostly because they're tenacious little beasties.

Over at the UTF I've had to enable validation of member accounts, and request people send me an email to let me know that yes, in fact, they are a real person. Before that I or one of the other moderators would be deleting at least one spam thread and member a day.

There are ways to get rid of them, but they don't all work perfectly. And you have to have a fairly good knowledge of the way your forum software works.
SFM is the best. :P No spam at all!