Ship prices - Spectator Booth

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Side stepping here..

Every time Atarlost posts I cringe a little. Not because he doesn't know what he's talking about, but because every time something semi useful gets posted, it gets critiqued to death. Great effort on your part, Amilir, but sometimes people don't appreciate that work and would rather nit pick all the details on a FREE DOWNLOADABLE GAME. Anyway, that's my monthly post. Don't even reply to this, Atar. I won't even see it til May.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Psycholis wrote:Side stepping here..

Every time Atarlost posts I cringe a little. Not because he doesn't know what he's talking about, but because every time something semi useful gets posted, it gets critiqued to death. Great effort on your part, Amilir, but sometimes people don't appreciate that work and would rather nit pick all the details on a FREE DOWNLOADABLE GAME. Anyway, that's my monthly post. Don't even reply to this, Atar. I won't even see it til May.
If you made only one post every month...you would have to have been here for.....23.83 years. But you have only been here for 5 years. AH HAH! Liar! So, thus we can't take your posts to be anything but LIES! :D

Seriously, this thread is getting a bit long-winded and over-critiqued. Sure, it's fun to work out, but let's not start arguing over the exact pricing structures of ships...close enough is good enough and I'm happy thinking how much money I'm burning when I destroy an Phobos - i don't need it to be exact.
Last edited by ThePrivateer on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

I agree. Whoever is planning to build a phobos in their back yard, I'll gladly pay you $500.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Personally i love this thread. I think it is one of the more interesting to crop up in a long time... not that I have anything to say about ship pricing. Keep it up guys, I am rooting for you! :D
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Tonight on The Jerry Springer Show! Amilir and Atarlost go head-to-head on the cost of education!!!

LOL this thread is getting crazy now...it's like our very own soap opera on the forums! XD
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

ThePrivateer wrote:Tonight on The Jerry Springer Show! Amilir and Atarlost go head-to-head on the cost of education!!!

LOL this thread is getting crazy now...it's like our very own soap opera on the forums! XD
heh

maybe one of our admins should spilt and look the cost of education bit...
*looks at wolfy*
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shhhhh observe how the wild and elusive Atarlost stalks its prey, repeatedly springing questions of logic. But notice also how the rare Amilir avoids the attacks of its foe and replies with attacks of its own...
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

We should make a forum just for them where their wildest dreams can come true. Arguing the hell out of each other. Any one agree?
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

yes the "Argue with Atarlost" sun-forum
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Chase
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Today on argue with arlost is his old 'friend' amilir. wait,wait amilir seems to be attacking arlost. Oooo, what an upper cut from amilir, where is jerry springer when you need him?
Faaz los frul, moro los mafaeraak. Chicks osgor skein. c:
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think a debate forum would be very nice. Atarlost could have his own subforum. Or maybe the other way around; he gets the main forum and a subforum for "Other debates" :D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Personally I think the IRC / Chat group is the best place for debates, because the discussion is quick and allows for a lot to be discussed in one sitting.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:I think a debate forum would be very nice.
I support this. For example, people could open up a debate like, "Views on Ferians", or "The Cost of Education in American and it's Trickle Down Effects on the Economy and Possible Effects on Future Starship Construction".

Ttech wrote: Personally I think the IRC / Chat group is the best place for debates, because the discussion is quick and allows for a lot to be discussed in one sitting.
Without getting into a debate out this, have you seen how long the replies for the Ship Price and the Ferian Miners debate was? 140 character posting limit doesn't allow for long debates that allow people to fully express themselves, to post links to other threads, to insert quotes from other people and to fully explain their point of view.

IRC has it's uses, and maybe quick little cheerful debates full of smiley symbols would be good in a chatroom, but for a good debate that allows users to fully articulate themselves, I believe a Debate Forum would be quite nice.

And, as it is, Transcendence raises a fair few issues that could turn into good debates (on topics such as the Ares, Domina, the Syrtian War, the Ferians and whether or not ithalium is an cost-efficient material to make large starships (and if not, what other ore should be used that would be suitable with minimal impact on the economy))
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

A Good debate on IRC includes all of what you mentioned, just because someone can't write an essay in one text box and hit enter does not mean they cannot post that essay. Many debates on IRC include quite long lines (multiple in fact) where people are discussing and debating, discussion is neat and informative. a 140 character limit is part, however you can post multiple lines, which works just fine, quoting links? Creating pastes? You can post long pieces of information. Being in a debate that is not well planned out on irc can be chaos, I admit that. But I think our little channel has a good order. Give it a chance. :) Try it out. The earlier ship prices list was discussed quite heavily on irc, where we figured out price issues and such.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

There is a 140 char limit?

Also, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Clearly Amilir and Atarlost are enjoying themselves. Why not just leave the discussion to them instead of butting in with comments that help nothing? Perhaps that would have been the wisest choice. Instead I fear the discussion has been derailed by a bunch of offtopic posts.