Netherlands/Holland

Talk about anything not related to Transcendence.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

(Moderator note: I split this off from the CSC discussion in Shipyards because it was kinda hijacking the thread. —’Nym)
Ferdinand wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:43 am
Just a little comment from a dutchman, Holland is only a province of the Netherlands. So if you name CSC's after countries, you should change Holland to The Netherlands instead. (we have north and south Holland as provinces actually)....
This is not entirely correct, Holland or ( The ) Netherlands are both historically correct. The Free Lowlands of Holland comes from a time of our independence of occupation, and both names have been the same country ever since.

Holland as the country name is correct,
( The ) Netherlands as the country name is correct

Sometimes, people use one of our city's to refer to our nation; Amsterdam ^^
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Tiber wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 am
Holland as the country name is correct,
( The ) Netherlands as the country name is correct

Sometimes, people use one of our city's to refer to our nation; Amsterdam ^^
Unfortunately you are wrong, although there were times in history that you were right...
Simple explanation here: https://youtu.be/eE_IUPInEuc

Difficult explanation would take too much time, read the history and constitution of the Netherlands, nowhere they are called "Holland" except when referring to the two provinces.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ferdinand wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Unfortunately you are wrong, although there were times in history that you were right...

And yet, Holland still refers to the same counrty as The Netherlands lol

PS, anyone can make a utube vid -.-
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

That is why the difficult explanation is there, read the constitution of The Ntherlands, this explains everything in great detail. Yet it is ofcourse a difficult document to read and quite large.
The advantage is that you'll learn a great deal about our country, how it is currently being (mis)administered and more....

Next is in Dutch:
Begin eenvoudig op wikipedia: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlandse_Grondwet
Volg de links aan het einde an het artikel naar de officiële documenten.

So lets get on topic from now on.
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am well aware of the misdirection of this country, including the governments decision to ignore several if not most of the public polls ( referendums ) taken.

However, history is what u and everyone else make every day.
Yesterday for example, is history, no matter how short or long ago.

And today, same as yesterday The Netherlands is refered to as Holland, therefore Holland = The Netherlands.
This is in disregard any document, including if that same or other documents claiming it is official.

For who takes a document (or any other official statement ) seriously?; if it does not reflect the people it suppost to reflect? Well, no-one does.

Therefore the original statement, of people calling The Netherlands; Holland, and vica versa, holds true.

Edit,
Some edits ^^
Last edited by Tiber on Wed May 08, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well alright then, it is true that most people from (north/south)Holland use Holland as the Country name.
It also holds true that most people from the other provinces do not, they use The Netherlands.

Some other Countries have the same (even worse) issue, like China for example, which is also in fact the name of 1 province of this big country. The official country name is Zhongguo (short version) or Zhonghua Renmin Gongheguo (Full version)
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Well, it is only a problem if u percieve it as sutch.
Same goes for the chinese;
If some of them call themselfs chinese even if they are not from that particular provice, does that mean they have a problem?
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

It is only a problem if you want something official. (Like from the government)
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The correct answer is: No
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Simple answer, if you try to apply for a passport from Holland, you will get nothing. Same goes for visa and other official documents. Look in your OS, it does not have a country setting named "Holland" . If you are anywhere in the world and ask for the embassy of Holland, in most countries you will most likely not get an answer. It is a lot of fun with the police outside The Netherlands, depending on the country you're in, you can get to jail by saying you are from Holland, while your official documents tell them you are from the Netherlands.

So it does matter...
Tiber
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

wow

i rarely see this level of stupidity, u missed the point by miles.

Therefore, ur right, ill no longer gonna explain this to u, figure it out for ourself.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…Aaand I think that’s enough of that. Locking the thread.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)